“fun place great food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Every time I go here it is wonderful food very good and prices are reasonable. It is a great place to go with friends

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Food did come out hot. Chicken pieces were too large for small fajitas. They do not slit bills by 3! You can bring in your own beer. Friendly service.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Haven't been to Don Jose's in a few years. It is still as wonderful as ever. Food is so tasty, fresh and hot. Service is great. Atmosphere is fun, everybody joins in when a birthday is celebrated. Have to add this back in to rotating nights out list.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I lived for 10 years in Boulder, CO and another 8 years in San Diego and am crazy about Mexican food. I’d eat it every day if I could. But unfortunately, Don
Jose Mexican Restaurant is only barely OK. Nothing wrong with the service, prices or presentation. It’s just that the food is not very good. You can tell a lot about a Mexican restaurant from it’s salsa. Don Jose’s was not very tasty or spicy. Just bland. My wife, son and I had collectively a steak burrito, enchiladas, a chile relleno and guacamole. All were subpar except for the guacamole that was average. All the food was very bland, under spiced and basically tasteless. Best I can say is that it was served warm. We brought our own beer, which was the highlight of the meal. We won’t be back.

There is a tiny Mexican Restaurant in Boonton NJ called Chili Willies that is about as close to CO, CA and TX Tex-Mex as I have found. Go there instead.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I heard from two separate people how great this place was, so we had to try it. The service was great, the decor was festive, however the salsa was super spicy (hot) it actually took us by surprise, like water please, waiter! The fajitas came on a hot skillet which was on the same plate as the rice, beans, sour cream, lettuce, gauc, and pico so the steam was in your face as you were leaning in to eat from your plate. Portion size could have been larger as well as the amount of toppings.

Date of visit: June 2018