“Disappointed sandwiches ordered for family”
Review of Deli King of Clark

Deli King of Clark
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Clark
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We ordered sandwiches, thinking this was the old owners running the restaurant, Not at all! I picked up the food and I saw a change in the place! I thought the food would be good,not at all. I didn't even want any for lunch the next ,my admitted to me it was good the food.
The food is over priced, and not good deli.job

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Sad to say I must give Deli King of Clark, which I wanted very much to like, a bad review. Stopped by with a friend for lunch today. Ordered a cup of coffee and soup of the day, Split Pea. First bad sign: coffee tasted like it was brewed six hours ago, and when I asked the waiter if he could brew a fresh pot, he insisted the stale coffee was just brewed. To his credit, he did bring me another cup which was fresh.

Split pea soup was mediocre at best, not even up to par with most diners (and curiously brownish in hue not green). I ordered chopped liver on rye, a staple for any self-respecting kosher deli. It was terrible. They somehow minced the chopped liver to the point where it was airy, flavor a bit sour, the opposite of what good chopped liver should be. The complimentary pickles they bring out at beginning of meal were the best part.

I should note, there is a Deli King in Linden, same name different owners. THAT Deli King is tremendous, old world style and awesomely tasty. THIS Deli-King was a dud- I should mention I ordered a potato pancake, which the waiter never brought, but still charged us for. I just paid the bill didn't argue it, I just wanted to leave. Will never return.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I asked for Swiss cheese on my corned beef sandwich and the server seemed annoyed. The corned beef was decent but rather fatty. The kugel was very dry and tasteless. My girlfriend, however, makes an unbelievable kugel.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I have been stopping at Deli King in Clark for a few years. Each time I go back, I remain impressed with the quality of the ingredients and how delicious everything is. Of course, being a kosher deli, there are no dairy options however you won't miss it as everything tastes so yummy!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The sandwiches are the best and what I would recommend. Knishes are also yummy and they have a great selection. Each table gets free health salad and pickles.

Been to Deli King of Clark? Share your experiences!