“Wonderful dinner and service after graduation ”

Restaurant Serenade
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Serenade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$50 - US$90
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street (Rt. 124)
Transit: Chatham stop on the New Jersey Transit Train and Buses
Description: "Dinner at this jewel-like restaurant has been described as the "ultimate level of culinary enlightenment" stated the Asbury Park Press. Serenade serves contemporary French cuisine created by the collaborated efforts of James and Nancy Laird. Come visit this beautiful restaurant located in the picturesque town of Chatham, New Jersey."
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent dinner on a Sunday evening after my daughter's high school graduation There was 9 of us ranging in age of 18 to 89 plus a couple of picking eaters. All enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and service It was late and they took orders quickly and the bread and first came out in no time

Some of the memorable items. My mom loved the liver and onions. Very tender and something none of us has seen on the menu. I had delicious lamb chops. Very large portion. My daughter had the salmon and ate it all
They had decorated her chocolate dessert for her graduation. My mom and I split the rhubarb and strawberry tart which was perfect. Not too sweet

Yes it is expensive but worth it for a celebration

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Second visit. Work function. Reserved private room. Atmosphere nice. Service excellent. Food very good. About 40 in our group -- easily handled party of this size. Our work location will continue to hold organized dinners here.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 1 June 2017

I hadn't been here in 15 years. My guess is the chef has changed a few times since then. That said, the food was still excellent - my dining companions were impressed. However, the decor is in serious need of a rehab. Showing it's age! It does detract from the dining experience, and I should knock it down, but let this serve as a warning :-)

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I gave serenade a second chance for a friends birthday and I am so glad I did. My first experience was not good and I didn't think I would go back. the reception was much friendlier. The host was very accommodating and genuinely helpful. The service was attentive. I now look forward to going for dinner with my husband.The wine selection was great and the avocado fries tasty, and there was a pork appetizer that was excellent.

Nice turnaround Serenade!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Went in March to celebrate our Anniversary. Sat at the bar area, got there early around 5;30. The bar was empty when we arrived. Elected a nice table. Had delicious cocktails and wine. Ordered some appetizers, were on the small side but scrumptious. The ambience is beautiful. Bar starts to really get packed and people start haunting your table. hat part I didn't like. However, did enjoy our food and drinks. Expensive, but nice.

Date of visit: March 2017