“Great trip ”
Review of The Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

We stood at this hotel friday and Saturday October off season. For the money it is a great choice.
The staff was helpful. I happen to not have heat in my room. I never called the front desk I saw an employee working and told him he got to our room right away and took care of the problem. That's great customer service. The hotel had a great bar with a good dj at night. The pool is clean and not over crowded. The room is dated however it did have a mini fridge coffee pot and 2burner stove.
I had been up earlier than the gift shop opened to get coffee then the employee ran late. The front desk attendant went to the restaurant and gave me 2 cups of coffee free so I didn't have to wait. That was very kind of her.
The view from the room was good beds comfortable.
Tip your housekeeper they do a great job!
The hotel is in a good location.

Stayed: November 2015
There are newer reviews for The Grand Hotel

Reviewed 31 October 2015

I was a guest at The Grand Hotel for five nights in late October. Aside from being directly across the street from the beach with a great location, this is an average property. They also have quite a disregard for guest comfort. With temperatures in the 40's at night and in the 50's and low 60's during the day the hotel remained very cold most of the day and especially at night. Although there are forced hot air heaters in each room, they refused to turn them on. The front desk response to the inquiries from several very cold guests was that extra blankets were available. The heat would not be turned on. Fortunately most of us had parkas and sweat suits which were worn most of the time.

I would like to give Grand Hotel a better review, but disregarding the complaints of a large group of clientele is a non starter. In summer this place could be OK. Off season, Grand Hotel is Cold Hotel both in temperature and attitude.

Room Tip: Most rooms have some sort of ocean view. All locations seem to be quiet
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank maranasam
Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

We had the privilege of attending a wedding at this wonderful hotel. From the clean spacious rooms, the wonderful breakfast buffet and the outstanding penthouse ballroom views, it was all perfect. Highly recommend staying here and enjoy the special attentiveness of the management team.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Our family traveled to Cape May for a Coast Guard Graduation. We all stayed at the Grand and were very happy with our accommodations, rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The staff were all very friendly, all and all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2015

This hotel tries to be "grand" but just isn't. I was there for the Fall Bird Festival and chose it because it was the headquarters for the event. It was fine but not outstanding. Yes, there was a musty smell in some locations (not my room) but that is to be expected at the Shore. The only complaint I had was that my room never got serviced or cleaned because the staff just didn't get to my room before I came back from my morning activities. I rejected cleaning then because I needed a couple hours to eat lunch and rest before my next activity.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo