“Family weekend”
Review of The Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Our family traveled to Cape May for a Coast Guard Graduation. We all stayed at the Grand and were very happy with our accommodations, rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The staff were all very friendly, all and all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Grand Hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2015

This hotel tries to be "grand" but just isn't. I was there for the Fall Bird Festival and chose it because it was the headquarters for the event. It was fine but not outstanding. Yes, there was a musty smell in some locations (not my room) but that is to be expected at the Shore. The only complaint I had was that my room never got serviced or cleaned because the staff just didn't get to my room before I came back from my morning activities. I rejected cleaning then because I needed a couple hours to eat lunch and rest before my next activity.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2015

When the B&Bs in Cape May were very expensive, the Grand Hotel offered very good rates to us. It is by the ocean, and has a ton of amenities. Also, the restaurant by the hotel has all-you-can eat breakfast buffet for just $13!

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 22 October 2015

Loved the renovated townhouses! Great views and very roomy and clean. Perfect for getting ready ready for a wedding. Hemingway breakfast was pretty good. The pool area was very fun, and you can order food/drinks there. The location can't be beat!

Room Tip: Renovated townhouses are worth the extra $
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Cape May is a great place to visit. It oozes with charm and character. Long walk, bicycle rides, tours, FANTASTIC restaurants, and...oh, yeah, it's right on the beach! I know plenty of people who visit Cape May and never step on the beach! They go for the neighborhoods, the bird sanctuary, lighthouse, historical homes and homesteads, and of course, the food.
Cape May is known for their "Painted Ladies", and lots and lots of Victorian homes turned into B & B's. I have stayed in a few and they are nice if you are looking for that type of get away. They are pricey and not set up for families.
The Grand Hotel was a great choice for our last visit to Cape May! My family was meeting there for a weekend and we had 4 adults and 3 children. We stayed in one of the Grand Hotel's 2-story rooms. It was bright and modern! It had a kitchenette, living room with a NICE pull-out bed, and an upstairs with 2 queen beds! Two full bathrooms and two large t.v.'s and a view of the ocean. IF you need a room like this, request a room like this on the upper floor. The view is better and there is a balcony! We were all very comfortable there.
The other very nice and unique thing regarding The Grand Hotel was the fact that they allowed us to rent a room for 1-night in September. Every other place we tried to stay in said we must have a 2-night stay. I was very appreciative of The Grand's Hotel flexibility with this!
I would go back!

Room Tip: They offer small room and large 2-story rooms. If choosing a room, the higher the floor, the better...
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family