We had hoped that they would clean up the place. It is not dirty, just old. Balcony facing the ocean and their best location has been the reason we always went there. But we have a car and there are a lot of other and hopefully better choices facing the ocean with balconies. If not, we will be back. We had a room that had an adjoining room door although that was not the case. But the people partied until 3 in the morning waking us up numerous times. Need better sound proofing. Rooms are adequate, but checked in and found hair on the back of the toilet that meant the cleaning person did not clean behind the seat and that I find disgusting. Great pool and a great free breakfast. Average for down there i guess, but for the price, i need to see if better alternatives are around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis de Lafayette is a premier hotel centrally located in America's original sea side resort. Our property is directly across the street from Cape May's amazing beach and within walking distance to Cape May's famous Washington Street Mall. Breakfast is served every morning in our restaurant 501 Beach, lunch & cocktails served daily at our poolside Barefoot Bar (in season), 1 Parking permit is provided for each room reserved. We are the pet friendliest hotel in Cape May with 17 Pet Friendly rooms! Reservations including pets may only be reserved directly through the hotel (NOT ONLINE) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Marquis De Lafayette Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquis De Lafayette Cape May
- Hotel Marquis De Lafayette