Vacation time. Cape May, NJ. A beautiful spot. The Marquis is a beautiful, quaint & older hotel found along Beach Avenue (the main road that goes by the beach-duh). It has antique furniture, excellent breckfast buffet, great pool & hot tub and beautiful rooms. We loved it. It is right across from the beach & in the vicinity of stores. They have a snack machine, drink machine and a bar by the pool where you can get appetizers etc. Now, I have read some of the other reviews. A lot of them complain about the hotel & that it needs to be updated. And yes, if you want to focus on that then I would suggest that this is not the hotel for you. If you want fancy & to be pampered, guess what? You need to go somewhere else, please! So I will begin with my review of our room. First the bedroom. The beds were wonderful, comfy & according to Hubby-he had a fantastic nights sleep. When I saw him in the early a.m. he was wrapped like a mummy in the sheet with just his face sticking out, pillows around his head, and blissfully making his sleeping sounds. We could not get the ceiling fan to work but according to one of our friends staying there you just needed to pull on the chain twice. Problem solved. Next was the small kitchenette with mini fridge, stove top, microwave etc. Our fridge was not working. So service brought us a new one. Worked wonderfully. Problem solved. Then came a small living room and a door & window to our balcony that looked out over the pool area & beach. Great! Fan in l.r.-worked & two tv's-smaller one in bedroom. Ok-now for bathroom. Yes the tub had a couple of little dings inside it. Yes, the ceiling panels were out of line & showed gaps & marks on them. And yes, the tiles on the floor were not perfect. But guess what? We didn't care. This was not important to us. I guess we are not one of the "now" generation-the pampered "we have to have it all or we throw a hissy fit and our panties are in a bunch". We just wanted to have a hot shower & thats what we got. They had lovely bath products for hair, skin etc. The staff was wonderful, very pleasant & helpful. If you like going on adventures & adapting to your environment and don't mind when everything is not perfect than this is the hotel for you. Hubby & I will definetly be back next year. What a wonderful hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis de Lafayette is a premier hotel centrally located in America's original sea side resort. Our property is directly across the street from Cape May's amazing beach and within walking distance to Cape May's famous Washington Street Mall. Breakfast is served every morning in our restaurant 501 Beach, lunch & cocktails served daily at our poolside Barefoot Bar (in season), 1 Parking permit is provided for each room reserved. We are the pet friendliest hotel in Cape May with 17 Pet Friendly rooms! Reservations including pets may only be reserved directly through the hotel (NOT ONLINE) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Marquis De Lafayette Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquis De Lafayette Cape May
- Hotel Marquis De Lafayette