All reviews nice kitchenette large bathroom pool and hot tub first floor stay there again fridge and microwave beautiful cape off season walking distance few blocks living room coast guard the jersey shore bed was very comfortable beach accommodations pets
Reviewed 6 July 2018

You wrote a review for Madison Avenue Beach Club 6 days ago
2.0 star rating 6/30/2018
I stayed here for 2 nights on my visit to Cape May and Wildwood. Their service was decent The hot tub and pool were a great addition. However, they let kids who don't even stay in the hotel come chill and hang out at the pool. They changed my room the second night upgrading me because booking.com had allowed me to book the initial room for 2 nights when it wasn't even available. Which was great. However their sanitation is what I've a problem with. The second night I slept, I was feeling itchy all night. The next morning I could not open my eye. When my wife checked my eye was swelled up. I'm worried that they don't wash their bedsheets and pillows properly. I usually let bad service slide. And often have. But when my eye swelled up this badly, which it never has. There's a problem

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Harman T
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Madison Avenue Beach club motel is a terrific place to stay with a pet !
I’ve been staying here over several years and love the fact that they offer pet accommodations.
Pet friendly rooms are on the first ground level which makes it very easy when walking a dog.
The rooms are very clean with A/C working nicely .
The room is convenient with kitchenette and mini frig.
This place is located in a quiet residential area which makes it pleasant for walks
yet is only about 5 blocks from
Cape May beach and a few blocks in other direction for the sightseeing and shops.
The general manager Saul & staff are very friendly !

Love Madison & Cape May !
- JS

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

This place needs some work. We arrived early because my 5 year old needed to use the restroom and we weren't sure where to go. Our stay was in the off-season. Upon arrival, I explained that I knew we were too early, but we needed a restroom. While there wasn't a public restroom in the small lobby, the man at the desk directed us to the staff restroom. He was very kind, and apologetic for the condition of the restroom (sanitary, just less ready for the public). After we came out, he let us know we could check in early since it was the off season and they weren't packed. Our room was clean, but the mattresses had deep ruts down the middle and needed to be replaced. We had two towels, one hand towel, one wash cloth, and the bath mat for the 4 of us. I didn't realize this until it was time to use these later in the evening, so I went to the office, which was closed. While there was a number to text with emergencies, I didn't feel that this qualified, so we made do. I'm not sure I would stay again, but I can't say it was awful.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We only had one night here, sadly, but we had a nice night of quiet sleep, a nice big bathroom and shower (welcome after a few nights in the tiny hotels of New York City), and a good comfy bed. Everything was clean and in good shape. Good value. We hope to return soon.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We love to get away for weekends now and then and are quite lucky to have found this hotel. Our room was immaculate and so peaceful and quiet. We walked to town which is a bit of a walk, but on a nice day like we had, it wasn’t an issue. If it is your wish to. E. Lose to the water, this is. It the place for you. If, however you wish for the solitude of the way the shore used to be, then the Madison Ave is for you. We had a great time and will be back for sure.

Date of stay: January 2018