All reviews nice kitchenette large bathroom pool and hot tub first floor stay there again fridge and microwave beautiful cape off season walking distance few blocks living room coast guard the jersey shore bed was very comfortable beach accommodations pets
Reviewed 28 May 2018

This place needs some work. We arrived early because my 5 year old needed to use the restroom and we weren't sure where to go. Our stay was in the off-season. Upon arrival, I explained that I knew we were too early, but we needed a restroom. While there wasn't a public restroom in the small lobby, the man at the desk directed us to the staff restroom. He was very kind, and apologetic for the condition of the restroom (sanitary, just less ready for the public). After we came out, he let us know we could check in early since it was the off season and they weren't packed. Our room was clean, but the mattresses had deep ruts down the middle and needed to be replaced. We had two towels, one hand towel, one wash cloth, and the bath mat for the 4 of us. I didn't realize this until it was time to use these later in the evening, so I went to the office, which was closed. While there was a number to text with emergencies, I didn't feel that this qualified, so we made do. I'm not sure I would stay again, but I can't say it was awful.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We only had one night here, sadly, but we had a nice night of quiet sleep, a nice big bathroom and shower (welcome after a few nights in the tiny hotels of New York City), and a good comfy bed. Everything was clean and in good shape. Good value. We hope to return soon.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We love to get away for weekends now and then and are quite lucky to have found this hotel. Our room was immaculate and so peaceful and quiet. We walked to town which is a bit of a walk, but on a nice day like we had, it wasn’t an issue. If it is your wish to. E. Lose to the water, this is. It the place for you. If, however you wish for the solitude of the way the shore used to be, then the Madison Ave is for you. We had a great time and will be back for sure.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SallyJ_V_12
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Last minute stay before New Year's Eve. Not crowded at all and a good price! Rooms clean and comfortable. Location was close to town and easy to get too. My only complaint is that the in-room coffee was terrible. But I would definitely come back here. Can't beat the price and it's clean.

Room tip: Nice size bathrooms
Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Both the outside and inside of the hotel were very clean and well kept. There were gas grills and patio furniture for guests to use at their leisure and the staff was friendly and helpful. The kitchenette was well stocked and so was the bathroom. You could walk in minutes to the ocean and downtown Cape May. Also, the Emlen Physick Estate is right around the corner, as well as a great park and pond. We were very happy with our stay here and will definitely be back.

Date of stay: December 2017