“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cape May National Golf Club

Cape May National Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Nicknamed "The Natural," this scenic 18-hole golf course surrounds a fifty-acre private bird sanctuary.
Northvale, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Cape May National is the best course in the area; and we have played them all. Staff this summer worked at keeping the greens in shape, despite have almost no rain. This course is always challenging, unlike the wide open Avalon. Fall and spring are the best time to visit the Cape May area, and Cape May National is always on our agenda.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Phoebebud119

Albany
“A HUGE Dissapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Chose CMN based on reviews posted and proximity to accomodations. Course condition was terrible. Should be called Crab Grass National. Greens were unevenly cut and course had been overwatered to the point of ball plugging in both fairways an greens. Greens incredibly slow and sprayed to look green. Fairways unevenly filled in and traps full of rocks and very little sand. Overall very poor conditions especially for the $ charged. Do not waste your hard earned $ here, Must be better options in Southern NJ. Only bright sopt was the staff was very friendly.

Visited July 2011
Pleasant Hills
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Beautiful course, nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Returned to Cape May National a couple weeks ago and again had a great time and were treated very well. Even with the heat wave, the course was in excellent shape. If you play here, note that there are water hazards in all the wrong places. The course is challenging. I ended up with a lot of penalty strokes ( I slice way too much) but still did not score too badly. It's a beautiful course.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank hus4154
Pleasant Hills
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Beautiful course, friendly staff......loads of fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

I've played a number of courses in southern New Jersey, but this is the best I've tried. The course if very very well kept. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The greens were excellent and I putted well......probably because they were excellent. Even the sand traps--I did spend time in several of them--were fluffy instead of the hard sand I've had to play through in other places. We had a great day at this course.

1 Thank hus4154
Pennington, New Jersey
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great course, awful management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

I played here two weeks ago, and have played Cape May National annually for about 9 years. The good news is that they have seemingly solved their drainage issue and the course -- an excellent layout -- was in very good shape. The bad news is the management. We arrived at 8:10 for our 8:45 tee-time and were told that the range was closed -- no explanation, no apology. They were running late (again -- no explanation and no apology) so we didn't tee off until 9:10. The round then took 5 hours to complete. I probably won't go back again, even though the course is excellent. I just expect to be treated better when I pay $85 for 18 holes.

3 Thank gbsand81