“Close this Motel ”

Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brooklawn
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

This was by far the worst experience we have ever encountered. The room was reserved as a handicapped room as my husband is a paraplegic and confined to wheel chair. I payed the required amount and was told it needed to be cash they then came up to our car and said it would be more money because it was a handicapped room. We got in the room and this had to be the dirtiest room they had. There was filth everywhere. There was blood splatter on the ceiling and walls, the bathroom had not been cleaned in a very long time as there was so much hair and dirt all over the tub toilet sink counter and floor. They left us an ice bucket that had roach eggs and the cups were not even in plastic . This is bug infested .The bed sheet had burn holes in them along with the blanket and mattress cover. The smoke alarm was covered with a piece of paper. The close rack was hanging off the wall. The back of the door was missing there check out time and emergency information. There was tissue stuffed in the peep hole because it was missing . If there was another motel available over this Memorial Day weekend we would have taken it but we could not find one and we were there for a wedding and had already committed in cash to this room that we were told we could not get back
I was told housekeeping was not there
I ended up going to the store purchasing cleaners mop scrub brush bucket ect to clean the room ourselves also purchased a blanket and pillows and pillows cases
We wouldn't bring our belongings in the room and would just take items out of suitcases from the car as they were needed
This is motel 6 should be shut down by the New Jersey department of health
Motel 6 rethink your relationship with the privately owned chain by far not a standard you want to be known as

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LizP829
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Liz, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please accept our apologies that your group's visit was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Looks good from afar but the closer you look the dirtier it gets...the maid service consist of an older couple changing your towels if they remember....out of the 4 nights we stayed they missed out room 3 times...the one day the maid service did show up they did nothing more than take out the overflowing trash and change towels we had to go to the office for soap cups and complaints...the room was cheap...the decor was alright...beds and pillows kind of comfortable... definitely not up to motel 6 standards...total disappointment... would not recommend this hotel...the outside was. Much cleaner than the inside... office people were nice

Room Tip: Choose another cleaner motel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamara C

Dear Tamara, Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I've stayed at many Motel 6 properties that were fine, but this particular one was terrible. Roaches were in the bathroom, and the staff couldn't have cared less when I complained about it. They didn't honor my AARP discount or late checkout either. I was afraid to let my 8 year old son go in the pool fearing he'd catch a disease. It's rundown, staff is arrogant, and the entire property stinks from what they are cooking. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank greg s
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Dear Greg S.,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your remarks and I would like to sincerely apologize for the fact that your experience here was not a wonderful one. Further, I'm sorry that you got the impression that our team members were not able or willing to assist you with your concerns. This is not the impression we want to give to any of our guests and I apologize. I hope that you'll give us another chance to offer you what is typically a good experience for guests at our property. We value all of your feedback and would like to able to earn a full 5-star rating from you following your next stay here.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

An affordable room shouldn't mean infested. Immediately upon entering our room I saw several roaches crawling on the ground, next a fly few in front of me. I looked at the wall and more roaches were crawling on it. In the bathroom there was more flies. Last but not least there was a roach on the bed. We were able to get a different room that is clean. You hear everything from outside and your neighbors. I can handle that for the price point, but I hope management bombs our first room.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Christina H
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Dear Christina H.,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention while you were here and for allowing our team members to place you into a room that had been properly prepared for your arrival. We take all reports of pests very seriously and I sincerely apologize for the fact that you were disturbed by insects upon your initial arrival at our hotel. We will make certain that your remarks are received by our pest control team and I am very sorry for the discomforts that this issue caused for you. We, obviously, never want for this type of problem to occur, and I apologize that it did. We will continue to work to ensure that we're delivering a superb stay to each guest during every visit here. I hope that you'll allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back here during your next trip to the area. We would love to have the chance to provide you with a much better experience during your next stay here.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

This is a dirty, run down, awful looking place. The room had a bed and tv. The sheets were dirty. There were holes in the walls covered with awful spackle. Mold in the bathroom. I did not even stay....we ended up driving home instead. Tired but a much better decision. If I had not already prepaid for the room on a website, I would have complained to management. But it was late and the manager was not in until the following morning. The Motel 6 brand should be ASHAMED to have this as a brand motel. It definitely did not live up to the Motel 6 brand.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank tamthajane
BrooklawnGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear tamthajane,

I am very sorry to know that you were not comfortable with the accommodations you had at our Motel 6 hotel and I sincerely apologize for the fact that our team was not able to make you satisfied enough to stay the evening here. I'm sorry that you chose to drive home rather than spend the night at our hotel, as we would never want for any of our guests to feel this way about our property. We strive to offer travelers the best possible budget accommodations in the Brooklawn/Philadelphia area and I apologize that our hotel did not meet with any of your expectations. I hope that you'll continue to choose Motel 6 hotels when you're traveling; I know that our brand would love to have another chance to work to earn a full 5-star rating from you following your next stay here.

Vikram Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklawn
10.1 km away
3.6 km away
Econo Lodge Bellmawr
Econo Lodge Bellmawr
#3 of 4 in Bellmawr

Been to Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn? Share your experiences!