“Better than average Chinese buffet for the area”

Flaming Grill & Buffet
Ranked #47 of 168 Restaurants in Brick
Reviewed 6 April 2016

I got a coupon in the mail and figured I would give it a chance. I have read both good and bad reviews. I think it is better than average as compared to some of the other buffets in the area. I went on a Friday night and at that time it was $10.99 plus drinks were not included in price. It was a little under $30.00 for 2 people.

I always enjoy grills at buffets. Only a couple of things could have made it better. First offer more meats and add the teriyaki sauce earlier in the cooking process so it soaks in to the food better. Besides that is was a good grill.

They had a nice variety of different hot foods. I enjoyed 90% of what I had. Their steak and beefs were overcooked, but everything else I tried was good. The cooked and chilled shrimp was nice and fresh which is very important to me.My daughter was very disappointed they did not have crab legs since that is one of her favorites.

Dessert bar could have been a little bigger with more variety, but the ice cream part was interesting. They had tiny cups of Hershey ice cream which I liked. Although the butter pecan tasted good there were no pecans or any nuts in it. They also offered ice cream sandwiches , ice pops and a few other items.

The service was okay as far as taking away dirty dishes, but could have been quicker with refills. Hard at times finding them to get you one.

But again compared to others in the area it was above average. just hope it stays that way and also does not raise their price since some are already cheaper than them and who give crab legs.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Sushi is now smaller. My biggest pet peeve mustard packets. Thought I would give them another try. Don't think I will bother again. Food was not worth the money.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Chinese buffet. I had steak and onions cooked at the hibachi which was very good. There was also chicken available for cooking. Wonton soup was good along with the General Tso chicken. There is also a beef dish which they advertise as prime rib but tastes more like pot roast. That too was good. There are many seafood items to choose from and my girlfriend said the shrimp was very good. There is a nice selection of desserts from fruit to a German chocolate cake, a chocolate cake and ice cream packed in small containers along with ice cream sandwich and popcicles. These are items you don't normally see in a Chinese buffet.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

I love a nice friendly clean buffet and this buffet more than fits the bill. The sushi selection is fairly deep and always fresh. The salad bar is fresh and the Hibachi is awesome. Out the door, a lunch with tip is 10.00 (at the writing)- If you are in the area give it a shot.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

Went with friend for birthday. Reviews were good. Even though we traveled twice the distance from a Chinese Buffet in Eatontown(which got bad reviews) the food was very good and had a variety to choose. Japanese foods, some Italian, Chinses, a Habachi Grill and deserts. Enjoyed the meal, the help was available to refill beverages. Recommend

Been to Flaming Grill & Buffet? Share your experiences!