All reviews omelet station baseball tournament basketball court made to order omelets mini kitchen great hotel full size refrigerator ice maker shop rite fire pit sofa bed outdoor pool attending a wedding rooms are great business center diamond nation king suite
Reviewed 19 December 2010

I stayed here for a two days trip to New Jersey. This is a hotel in the heart of the city highway on Exit 22. My office was close by. The room was beautiful with all modern amenities and a Kitchenettte. Friendly and service oriented staff. Food was awesome with complimentary breakfast. They also serve complimentary drinks from 5-7 PM. Overall a nice experience and complete value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
HSBranchburgGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sierra during your recent visit to the Branchburg area. It is great to hear you enjoyed the amenities and the staff was friendly. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

I stayed here with colleagues in winter so I wasnt able to use all their facilities that was open only during the summer such as the pool and the tennis court.

The hotel offers free shuttle pick up and drop at our office so it was nice to use that facility. The staff could use a little more training on the right way to treat guests. But I didnt have any major complaints.

I would recommend you rent a car during your stay if you're here on long stay. Rooms are large spacious and airy. Although I would have preferred if the colors used in the room were brighter. I thought they were a tad gloomy. Plus, since I was here during the winter, I was restricted to my room some of the weekends and would have preferred if they were brighter. Some suite have a separate living area.. but I had one that had the bedroom and living within the same room. No walk in closet. But I know my colleague was in a bigger suite with a walk-in closet. But again, no complaints.

The rooms are quite large, an attached kitchenette (fully equipped) including refrigerator and microwave. I enjoyed cooking every night here during my stay with an occasional dinner outside with colleagues. The breakfast spread was continental; nothing extraordinary, but ok.

There are coin operated laundry machines. This is a big plus for people who are staying for a longer duration because you dont want to be shelling out unnecessary money on laundry and pressing.

If you strike a good conversation with the people at the reception, they will give you a free shuttle drop at walmart or to the closest train station if the shuttles are operational on weekends. You need to make reservations in advance though.

Sierra suites is also a comfortable stay if you're planning on hosting a wedding in NJ and would like to have your family and guests stay at a hotel.

All in all, the stay was comfortable and good. A very good place for a family vacation.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
HSBranchburgGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

It is so nice to read Hotel Sierra was a comfortable stay for your extended business trip. Thank you for the positive comments regarding the hotel and amenities offered for extended stay guests. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the Branchburg area.

Reviewed 19 August 2010

When I walked into the room I thought it was the nicest hotel room I had ever stayed in. Perhaps that's because it was a suite, but the room was comfortable and so was the separate kitchen and sitting room. Service was also exceptionally nice. The included breakfast on the weekend was pretty good - eggs so so but excellent bagels. My only complaint was the "smart AC." It was a very hot day and my room took too long to get to a comfortable temperature when I got back from the balloon festival. Perhaps because I had checked in right after they finished cleaning the room and it was too cold so I adjusted it. Also, it seemed too warm at night -- I don't think it believed my temperature because, since I was in bed, it didn't know I was "there".

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
HSBranchburgGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your room and the staff was exceptional during your stay at Hotel Sierra. I do apologize that you didn't find the AC very cooling and I hope this doesn't impact your decision to stay with us again. Thank you for choosing Hotel Sierra and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Branchburg area.

Reviewed 10 August 2010

The Hotel Sierra is a beautiful hotel located along Rt 22 in Branchburg, NJ about 5 miles off of 287.. The decor was classy and updated, the rooms were spacious and included full kitchens with dishwasher, microwave and full refrigerator. Beds were very comfortable with the best mattress I've slept on in a hotel. The lobby/ seating area was huge with many chairs and tables. Complimentary breakfast was adequate and well stocked. The fitness room was large for a hotel with many new machines and flat screen tv. The laundry room had 3 washers and 6 dryers, clean and functional. We traveled with our baseball team in August so the bonus was the outdoor pool and hot tub. Pool was very big, clean and warm. There were many tables and chairs, and lounges around the pool. Clean towels were always present. The garden patio was a huge bonus. Many clean patio tables with mesh confortable chairs and unbrellas were a relief from the usual plastic PVC chairs at most hotels. There was a covered gazebo area with 2 huge long banquet tables and patio chairs as well with 2 gas barbeque grills. Also in the outside pool area was a full basketball court and volleyball court. The business center had 4 computers with printers and was open 24 hours.
Right next to the hotel was a driving range with an 18 hole miniture golf course. Shop Right Supermarket right across the road. many chain restaurants and fast food chain up and down Rt 22.

All in all, this hotel was a 5 star rating with adults, kids, and teens. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank diesel6924

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent stay at Hotel Sierra. It sounds as though the hotel was perfect for your family and in a great location. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2010

Since my first stay in 2007 (see review from then) I have had to be back in the area on business at least once per year and each time I try to get into this place. Last time in June 2010 they were full up, so I called the property directly. They were kind enough to put me on the waiting list and took my details. The evening before flying out I got a call to say I had a room! I cancelled the other hotel and was very happy to go back to Sierra!

Since 2007 there have been some improvements, mainly to the breakfast. It was already one of the best included breakfast buffets in the area, with a freshly made egg dish every day (contrary to frozen pre-fab in some places), but since a couple of years they also have a cook to order station for your eggs. Aside from that, a large selection of baked goods, fruit, cereals, cold-cuts, juices, milk and Starbucks coffee!

The evening bistro is also quite interesting: it is not designed as a full meal, but with the choice of salads, cheeses, nachos + dips and one warm snack (menu changes daily, I have had, garlic bread, mini-pizzas, chili, grilled vegs…) you can still have a decent and healthy meal, as long as you do not require meat. Soft drinks from a fountain, 2 beers on tap and red or white wine.

With the large suite or studio style rooms with high quality furnishings, fittings and up-to-date in room technology, good beds, free wired and wifi internet, a decent gym, the relatively quiet location (certainly if room is not facing Rt22), the excellent included breakfast and adequate evening reception, this does remain my preferred hotel in the area.

I see they recently joined the "Stash Hotel Rewards" loyalty program, I have not checked it out yet, but as a not so frequent anymore traveler from outside of the USA and with the limited amount of properties on the program, I guess it would not be very useful for me. I was recognized as a returning guest at this property and possibly because of that I have the impression I did have a higher ranking on the waiting list.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
HSBranchburgGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I read your review and am very happy to know we were able to accommodate you during your recent trip to Branchburg. Thank you for the great comments regarding the hotel and all the amenities offered. I am so pleased Hotel Sierra is your preferred hotel in the area and we can't wait to see you again.