“Best value for the money in the area”

HYATT house Branchburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Branchburg
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Stayed for most of 2 weeks on business before transferring to a hotel in Easton, PA for which I once had fond feelings. After staying at Hotel Sierra, there is simply no comparison. Great value for the money. Wonderful hospitality. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. They will take care of you. No surprise charges. So clean, nothing else feels as clean anymore. I really like this hotel and will return any time I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
HSBranchburgGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so delighted to read that your two week stay at Hotel Sierra was better than expected. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

Loved this hotel. Spacious rooms, comfy beds & great service. Made to order omeletts for breakfast, along with the other usual suspects. A nice business center with fast internet. The Happy Hour was great - there was no need to go out for dinner afterwards. Beer, wine, cheese, soup, salad w/ grilled chicken, chips & salsa, garlic bread, sodas. We had a problem with our bill (we were overcharged) and it was taken care of immediately and without incident. Oh yeah, and if that isn't enough, they have a $25 gascard deal going on right now. You turn in your room keys at the end of your stay, you get a BP gas card. Awesome. Great value.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Sierra. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and the gas card was an added bonus. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2010

I stayed here for a two days trip to New Jersey. This is a hotel in the heart of the city highway on Exit 22. My office was close by. The room was beautiful with all modern amenities and a Kitchenettte. Friendly and service oriented staff. Food was awesome with complimentary breakfast. They also serve complimentary drinks from 5-7 PM. Overall a nice experience and complete value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
HSBranchburgGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sierra during your recent visit to the Branchburg area. It is great to hear you enjoyed the amenities and the staff was friendly. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

I stayed here with colleagues in winter so I wasnt able to use all their facilities that was open only during the summer such as the pool and the tennis court.

The hotel offers free shuttle pick up and drop at our office so it was nice to use that facility. The staff could use a little more training on the right way to treat guests. But I didnt have any major complaints.

I would recommend you rent a car during your stay if you're here on long stay. Rooms are large spacious and airy. Although I would have preferred if the colors used in the room were brighter. I thought they were a tad gloomy. Plus, since I was here during the winter, I was restricted to my room some of the weekends and would have preferred if they were brighter. Some suite have a separate living area.. but I had one that had the bedroom and living within the same room. No walk in closet. But I know my colleague was in a bigger suite with a walk-in closet. But again, no complaints.

The rooms are quite large, an attached kitchenette (fully equipped) including refrigerator and microwave. I enjoyed cooking every night here during my stay with an occasional dinner outside with colleagues. The breakfast spread was continental; nothing extraordinary, but ok.

There are coin operated laundry machines. This is a big plus for people who are staying for a longer duration because you dont want to be shelling out unnecessary money on laundry and pressing.

If you strike a good conversation with the people at the reception, they will give you a free shuttle drop at walmart or to the closest train station if the shuttles are operational on weekends. You need to make reservations in advance though.

Sierra suites is also a comfortable stay if you're planning on hosting a wedding in NJ and would like to have your family and guests stay at a hotel.

All in all, the stay was comfortable and good. A very good place for a family vacation.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
HSBranchburgGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

It is so nice to read Hotel Sierra was a comfortable stay for your extended business trip. Thank you for the positive comments regarding the hotel and amenities offered for extended stay guests. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the Branchburg area.

Reviewed 19 August 2010

When I walked into the room I thought it was the nicest hotel room I had ever stayed in. Perhaps that's because it was a suite, but the room was comfortable and so was the separate kitchen and sitting room. Service was also exceptionally nice. The included breakfast on the weekend was pretty good - eggs so so but excellent bagels. My only complaint was the "smart AC." It was a very hot day and my room took too long to get to a comfortable temperature when I got back from the balloon festival. Perhaps because I had checked in right after they finished cleaning the room and it was too cold so I adjusted it. Also, it seemed too warm at night -- I don't think it believed my temperature because, since I was in bed, it didn't know I was "there".

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
HSBranchburgGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your room and the staff was exceptional during your stay at Hotel Sierra. I do apologize that you didn't find the AC very cooling and I hope this doesn't impact your decision to stay with us again. Thank you for choosing Hotel Sierra and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Branchburg area.

Pete Donatelli, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Branchburg
0.8 km away
3.8 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville
11.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater

Been to HYATT house Branchburg? Share your experiences!