“Good specialty Burger Place”
Review of Smashburger

Smashburger
Ranked #33 of 41 Restaurants in Branchburg
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Look, there is something insane about the Specialty Burger Craze - Will it last? I don't know. However Smashburger is pretty good - they have tasty burgers, I like the tots and more choices for the Kids' meal. The other reviews say it is expensive - but have you tried eating at the traditional fast food chains? They are expensive as well!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Generally, the food here is tasty. Unfortunately, the other aspects of the restaurant overshadow that. The food runner was not wearing gloves. She dropped my fries on the counter and proceeded to pick them up barehanded and put them in my bag. The cashier was also the only person making shakes. She was flustered and got my order wrong. After waiting 15 minutes or more for the food, I just took it and left. The food is pricey. Service and hygiene should be on par with the price. Will go to Shake Shack next time!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Had a coupon to try a BOGO, so we gave it a try for lunch...The burger itself was tasty and we ordered the Smashburger fries with it....The fries were okay but nothing to rave about....the burger was good but the BOGO made it a bit more reasonable. All sorts of combos that you can make with either beef, chicken, or black beans. We stuck with a traditional burger. Might go again with a coupon...Otherwise, it's almost $9 for a burger and fries.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I've heard about smashburger and read the good reviews online and decided to try it as a location opened close to my route home. I spent a little over 10 dollars on french fries tossed in olive oil, rosemary and garlic and regular sized Truffle Mushroom Swiss Burger. The fries were well seasoned and different from the normal fries you buy at other burger joints and a bit greasy from the olive oil. The mushroom burger was also well seasoned, but could not taste the truffles. I wasn't particularly impressed on the whole. I could get a big gourmet burger (more meat) from Red Robin (Yum!) at or below Smashburger's price. I would go back, but do not plan to go out of my way for this.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Heard about the triple double on the radio and stopped by the Smashburger in Branchburg. Big disappointment. The "artisan bun" supposedly encapsulating the burger disintegrated in my hands. I only wish I had a picture to show, but my hands were so covered in cheese I could not grab a camera.

Separately, although I was the only customer in the store, it took a while to place my simple order.