“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brinley ave
Description: Del Ponte’s Coal Fired Pizza .. pizza the way it should be. Using quality and fresh ingredients we offer a wide range of hand tossed salads, Panini’s, and of course, custom authentic coal fired pizza.
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped in to Del Ponte's, place is simple but clean. We ordered a salad which was made to order and a pizza. All the food was delicious and came out fast. Waitress was polite and helpful.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Consistently good, nice and crispy thin crust with good topping options.
The salads are amazing. The dressing is what makes it. My fiance and i have been coming here for years and have watched many of the waiters and waitresses grow up, which is really nice. Service is usually on par. (Maybe a bit slower high summer season)
Its BYOB, they have espresso, cappuccino and desserts from the bakery next store. Sometimes we eat dessert there, sometimes we get it to go next store. A great little gem in a great beach town.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The star ledger seems to have missed this goldmine of Pizza originality - grab a table for 4 bring a bottle of wine or beer - order a special salad and two large pizzas! Save room for dessert and walk next door to the bakery to select cookies, biscotti and pastries! What a dynamite dinner with a sweet treat for a song! Unbeatable

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Went here for dinner a couple of weeks ago. It smelled good and everything looked good until we were seated. The chairs, table and especially the menus were dirty and sticky. My wife got some wipes out and cleaned it up a little. We are not clean freaks by any stretch but it was nasty. Our order was taken quickly and the food was served in a fair amount of time and it was served hot. My son and daughter in law got pizza. One pizza was a small balsamic vinegar and the other was a plane cheese with peperoni. My wife got a calzone and I got spaghetti and meat balls. I know, of all the things to get at an Italian restaurant, spaghetti and meatballs...I'm not 5 but that's all that I wanted. Anyway, the balsamic pizza was adequate, the cheese pizza my son said was good, the calzone had a bare minimum of ricotta cheese and ham, my spaghetti was fine but I got three meatballs that were tough. $11 for 3 meat balls and a very small bowl of spaghetti. No bread, bread sticks, salad, NOTHING. Asking for our waitress for water re-fills was a regular thing too. My daughter in law and I ordered New York cheese cake, you would think with their own bakery up front, they would know the difference. It was Italian cheese cake and it was adequate. My son got a peanut butter brownie and it was very small. The bill came and we were double charged for an espresso. My son called over to the waitress and before he said anything, the waitress said "Oh I'm sorry, you were double charged for the espresso? "Well if you knew that already, why did you send an incorrect bill to our table. And this is not the worst, my wife went to use the ladies room before we left and she said it looked like a bomb went off in there, **it was everywhere, on the toilet, on the wall, the sink, faucet. Nice right? So between the bathroom, dirty table, sticky dirty menus and seats, adequate food, knowingly ripping me off for an espresso, I would recommend staying away. Stick with the bakery up front my friends!

1  Thank dbk680
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Best pizza I have ever had! Been all over and yet to find such GREAT pies!!!! Every time we go there it is hard to choose “which one today?!” !!!