“Favorite Thai Restaurant on Jersey Shore”
Review of Bamboo Leaf

Bamboo Leaf
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to this place so long they don't even ask my wife what she wants anymore!
It is an awesome family run Thai place that has all the regular dishes but with their unique twist on them.
We love the fish cakes, my wife loves the soft shell crab with the basil sauce.
The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed.
Prices are moderate, but I have literally never had a bad meal here.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I just had one of the very worst experiences tonight at this restaurant. The staff treated me and my family so poorly. We waited patiently for over 2 hours to be served. The host never took the courtesy to check on us or explain what was going so wrong. When I finally asked them when we might get served I was told, we do not know....you are basically out of luck. He said "hey we are busy, so it is what it is". I cannot tell you how embarrassing and upsetting this whole evening was. I had recommended this restaurant, what a fool. We ended up leaving without ever having eaten. And what hurts so bad is the Host could not have cared less. Please consider this experience when thinking about going here.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Been here couple times in past, food is always good. Scallops are great. Outside dining is available.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on break from work. Food was amazing. We got the pork pot stickers for an appetizer. There were 8 of them and they tasted great. Cooked perfect. Then I got chicken stir fry for my meal. Was a huge portion. Lots of flavor. Not to spicy. My boyfriend got shrimp pan Thai. Lots of shrimp. Seasoning was perfect. Another huge portion. Will definitely return. Green tea was yummy too

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Small restaurant, not fancy but comfortable. Saturday night is very busy (you can make reservations - which helps a lot). I am not a Thai food expert - but our dinner companion has apprenticed at a Chiang Mai restaurant so he ordered the dinner. Pad Thai Chicken and Drunken Flat Noodles with Beef. For drink - a deliciously almost-sweet-but-not-quite Thai iced tea. I've never eaten such amazing Pad Thai - perfectly seasoned (we chose medium spicy), incredibly flavorful. The Flat Noodles were succulent and delicious. The iced tea complemented the food perfectly (next time we might bring some beer since this is BYOB). Service was attentive, but on this very busy night our server neglected to bring the soup we had also ordered (actually, if we'd gotten the soup, it would have been overkill - the amount of food in the 2 entrees was perfect for 3 people). As an apology of sorts, she surprised us by bringing a dessert - a banana concoction lightly fried in a crisp wrapper, accompanied by vanilla ice cream. Great to share this! Our dinner companion was smiling the whole evening - pronounced the dishes on a par with any he'd eaten (or prepared) in Thailand.