New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Florida
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

We stayed here for a little over a week while waiting to move. The customer service here is exceptional! Made the reservation over email with the hotel from Europe.
Room was very clean, kitchenette was well equipped, nice (very clean) bathroom, furnishings were nice, and room was clean. Hotel offers free laundry, which was super convenient. There is a 'Candlewood Cupboard' where you can purchase some food, drinks, and snacks from. Decent equipment in gym, but it is a bit on the small size. There is no pool, but you can use the pools at a couple of the nearby hotels for free. One important thing to note is that this is more intended to be an extended stay location. They don't have daily housekeeping; it is weekly cleaning. You can exchange linens at the desk whenever you want, though. Wireless Internet is free, but there are also cords for internet in the room. There is a business center with a couple computers and printer. Check in and checkout was super easy and quick. There are lots of restaurants nearby, and a couple grocery stores, and tons of gas stations. It is about a 15 minute drive to Mcguire AFB/Ft Dix. The only slight negative was that the pet cleaning fee was a little steep ($150) in my opinion. I guess if we had stayed longer, it wouldn't have seemed as bad, and it is subjective; some people may not think that fee is that bad. It is better than some places that charge you per night for a pet fee.
I cannot say enough about the customer service here; they were great! Very responsive, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend to family and friends!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank beruadana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Southern Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

These are truly little suites! My room had a queen size bed, a table with a chair, a little kitchen, including a full fridge, little range and microwave. The room was very clean and good sized, with a full closet. I made use of the iron and ironing board as well as the coffee maker. I was sorry that there was no breakfast served, but there is a little "convenience store" in the lobby where you can purchase some essentials, like milk and oj. You can also purchase the makings for scrambled eggs! The prices were very reasonable.
I did not make use of, but did notice, the exercise room and business center (looked like two computers in there).
Lots of parking, pretty convenient to the highway.
I'd recommend, especially if work/life brings you to Fort Dix.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tuxedo Park, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Booked a blocked room for wedding guests for a Sat. night in July. After sitting in 4 hours of traffic, we made it to the hotel 15 minutes before the wedding was to begin. When we went to check in, they claimed we booked two nights (never received the email confirmation that we requested but had a res. number) and because we didn't show up the night before, they cancelled our reservation and charged our credit card. Then informed us that there were no rooms available. After almost being in tears, I asked if they could offer us a place to change quickly into our dress clothes for the wedding and they said "no". It was an awful experience. I did manage to get a credit on my credit card,, however, I will never stay with Candlewood Suites again! Particularly this one. If you book a night with them, get it in writing. The manager clearly messed up the booking.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nytraveler1026
Lexington, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

We made a reservation in advance for four nigths and received a confirmation number. Called back and reconfirmed reservation. Upon arrival, after an 11 hour drive, we were told that they didn't have a room for us. They had canceled our reservation and made a reservation for us at another hotel that was older, smaller rooms, and did not have comparable amenities. Very disappointed with the response from priority club and lack of response from hotel management!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SCgolfandswimmom
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

The best thing about this hotel is the kitchenette. I don't always cook but when I cooked the first time, the smoke alarm went off ( I was frying and the I change the power from low to medium) and the whole town knew about it. Well aside from this incident for the first time in my life, I did not like the shower head - looks cheap. The water pressure is so weak I feel that I need to catch every drop of the water to get myself clean. In the business center, you have to be careful everytime you open up your documents because your documents will be automatically save in the hard drive. So check your work to make sure that your documents are not insight to be viewed by everybody who use the hotel's computer. Be also prepared that the computer has no microsoft software and internet explorer but firefox. There is no pool but you can request to get a pass to the Hamptons Inn. It's not walking distance and you get there by car in 5 minutes. One thing that it irritates me is when a front desk staff cannot offer other ways to remedy a situation presented to them. Don't say, 'No or I don't know or not the person to do that'. I do not want to hear that. A front staff in this hotel should be willing to find ways to remedy a situation.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bordentown
1.2 km away
Days Inn Bordentown
#3 of 11 in Bordentown
13.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Robbinsville

Been to Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton? Share your experiences!