“Exceptional Chicken Enchiladas”

Latin American Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 57 Restaurants in Boonton
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Description: Our restaurant is a fusion of Latin-Italian food. The owner worked at a well-known Italian restaurant around the area for more than 10 years - that's where the Italian side comes from. Because of her Hispanic heritage, she also has a strong knowledge of Latin food. She decided to open Latin American and fuse together her favorite meals!
Reviewed 21 June 2018

The enchiladas at the Latin American Restaurant in Boonton New Jersey are exceptional. The chicken enchiladas came out hot and the wait time was about 10 minutes. The price was $8. The star of the meal was the flavor of the enchiladas. You have your choice of red or green sauce, the red sauce being hotter. I loved the red sauce, corn texture and the cheese. I had the chicken which was cut in thin strips. The portion size was huge. The tropical drink called Mora was well paired with the entre and quite flavorful and cooling with the finely crushed ice. There are very friendly people working here and eager to please. You have an option of eating-in, take-out or delivery. The delivery is free but a $25 dollar minimum is required. The menu is fairly large with options for Honduran, Mexican or Italian. They also have a kid's menu. Parking is on the street with a public parking area nearby. Payment is made at the counter. It is BYOB. I'll have to try their lunchtime buffet which runs from 11 am - 4pm.

1  Thank duck8to

Reviewed 1 June 2018

First of all let me say I never sampled the food, so my review is based on the experience I had when picking up a take out order.

I ordered about $25 worth of food to sample. I went to pick up my order and presented the staff behind the counter with a Living Social Voucher I had for 45% off of $20 spent. The nice young man behind the counter said they can't accept them because of a computer that won't scan the codes. So I said that's a problem, since I ordered to try the food and wanted to use it and apply it to my bill. (I was calm and polite by the way. I have worked in food service so I know people can get cranky.)
He then said he would go and ask his boss.

A man came out from the kitchen, agitated and proceeded to bark at me that I should call Living Social myself because they can't scan the vouchers. They have tried to call, but no one will fix it and I should call Living Social and tell them. He told me that I can't use it, and they won't take it........then he walked away from me.

What happened to customer service? There was no understanding of my problem. Who loses here? ...the customer, that's who! I already spent money on a voucher, and was going to spend more money then the voucher was worth in the restaurant. I got nothing, no sorry, no can we offer you a discount on your order? Can we give you one meal for free? Can we give you credit?...NOTHING except a rude man who walked away and left me with no options except do the same.
Very disappointing since I heard the food was good.

1  Thank Patti M
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

They do a lot of takeout. The restaurant itself is rarely crowded. The spicy guacamole tastes great and fresh and is spicy without being overpowering. The plantain with cheese appetizer is really good. We got crispy chicken tacos, carne asada, and beet salad as well, and it was way more food than two people could eat. All good. The beef in the carne asada was nice and tender.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

As we found a parking place in this small hilly town right beside this resturant, we decided we would risk it and eat here. WOW, we were surprised. The pork tacos/corn tortillas were EXCELLENT and the mole chicken enchiladas with forced me to finished my plate even though I was stuffed by the third enchilada. Very little atmosphere and the inclusive of Italian food confused us initially, the Tex/Mex was so good. The only suggestion I would make to the owners would be to drop the Italian food and concentrate on Hispanic selections only as their mole (may be different variations) was excellent .

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Food is really good, plentiful, reasonable, and the staff is friendly and welcoming. Portions are huge, so you might consider sharing. Tablecloths and real napkins -- where do you find that nowadays? Plenty of room to dine so you're not right on top of your neighbor. Really, nothing to complain about, just good food.