“Great deal for good food. ”
Review of Simply Southern

Simply Southern
Ranked #6 of 116 Restaurants in Belmar
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Loved this little place. They had live music the day we were there and the prices were reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. The Mac and cheese was amazing.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

it's called attention to detail and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. get the website updated. I won't be coming back until you do. I had the fried chicken. It was a disappointment all around. fairly tasteless as it needed to be seasoned better. this is one of your signature dishes. YOU need to change the recipe on this and up your game. The sides were both fresh and very good and the quantity was substantial. Would like to give you another try as my wife and I love southern food but you lost us as a customer for now. Off to Modine to try their overpriced fried chicken!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I drove an hour to try this place. It was worth it. I have been back 2 times since. They have the best corn bread, stuffing, fried chicken and turkey wings I have ever tasted and I lived in South Carolina for 4 years. If this place was closer I would be there at least once a week.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We fell into Simply Southern the moment we entered we felt welcome. We had a delicious home cooked meal. They start with warm corn bread 1 of my top 10 favorite foods. I chose the crab cakes which were accompanied by outstanding Cole slaw & cheese grits. My only criticism is that I prefer my crab cakes broiled not fried. The portions are very generous everyone around us were taking leftovers. Our waitress Jada was just lovely. She was professional & you sed how much she enjoyed serving us.
The desserts looked amazing but I couldn’t breathe I was so full. Will have to try 1 when I return.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Fried Chicken marinated in buttermilk, deep fried & drizzled with honey! That was my lunch :)
It came with two sides. I was glad to have corn on the cob and mashed sweet potatoes.
This restaurant serves food that exceeds diner food. I strongly suggest you come try it for yourself.
..........and yes.....there was friendly service :)