“Never will return”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Although the food is still very good, not being served for three hours is totally unacceptable. Our party had made reservations and arrived at 6:30. The dining room was one quarter full and was staffed by one server and a bus person. We ordered both appetizers and entrees. We did not receive any of our food for two hours! When we compalined to our server, she was very curt and stated the owner/chef prepared everything to order. We then waited an additional hour for the entrees with two entrees arriving twenty minutes after the other diners had finished their meals. We had dined at Solar on at least 10 previous occasions but this will be our last. The great tragedy is that the food is quite good but the service and attitude can not be tolerated.

There are newer reviews for Casa Solar

Reviewed 24 December 2011

The food here is sooo good. The ribs are the best thing on the menu. I've been here many times. Plan to spend the evening here- do not have plans after because everything is cooked to order so it is an event. The tapas are fabulous- ribs, churrasquitos, bean dip, wings, empanadas. Try them all- about 3 for 2 people then get tres leches cake!
BYO and if you bring wine they will make sangria (good flavor. Not too sweet).

1  Thank MH9727
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Casa Solar: Do Not Go There! 10/29/11

First off, I will start by saying we have been going to this restaurant for years. The food is great, however, the service has always been slow and spotty. We are prepared for that and don’t mind as we know what to expect and we bring plenty of wine to keep us busy. However, this last time we went will be our last. The service was not only slow but the waitress was down right rude. We eat dinner out frequently and have never been spoken to the way this waitress spoke to us.

We were 3 couples and we had 7:30 reservations. We ordered 3 appetizers and everyone ordered an entrée. The only part that could have slightly “confused” the waitress was my friend and I wanted to share an entrée. At around 9, an hour and a half later, 1 appetizer came out. We asked where the others were and the waitress said she wrote it down wrong and they would be coming out with the entrees….wtf????

Then the entrée my friend and I were sharing comes out and nothing else…so everyone else has yet to get their apps or entrees and it is now 9:30!!!

When we inform them we don’t want the other 2 apps, the waitress tells us …too bad you ordered them so you are paying for them….are you serious????

She then tells us to wrap them up and walk them home!!

The chef asks to speak to one of us and what started off like an apology turned into defending the waitress and told us “our laughing was distracting” Really….I hope people are laughing and having a good time at dinner.

It is unfortunate because the food is great however there are way too many places in the area. We refuse to be treated like that, especially since we have been going there for years, even having a birthday party there…..bye bye Casa Solar…with that service I would be surprised if they stayed open any longer!

2  Thank lara22377
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Ate at Casa Solar this past weekend and I am in agreement with most of the other reviewers. I did read the reviews beforehand and was well aware that the service might be slow, but I didn't think I would be bothered by it. We did wait about 45 minutes before we received our appetizer...an order of empanadas. They were good, a bit dry for my taste...I've definitely had better. We finished an entire bottle of wine before we even got our entrees. Once the entrees arrived, my boyfriend was very disappointed with his tilapia entree. It was in a broth of tomato and was super bland. My camarones entree on the other hand was pretty good and I would recommend it. I am in the restaurant industry myself, and feel that this restaurant could do a lot better were it run a bit differently. They had one person to give water, one person to hand out the check, one person to come to tell you that another person would take our order...it was very strange but maybe there was training occurring. It was not all that busy either, so the time we spent there wasn't really justified. I don't know that we would re-visit Casa Solar, although many of their tapas sounded really delicious and I might give it another shot just for those.

1  Thank Jables79
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Good Spanish food especially the tapas. The soups are excellent and a meal in its self. Food is all made to order and are very slow coming out. BYOB so bring a lot while you wait. Chef/Owner very defensive to criticism. Needs a customer relationship adjustment.

1  Thank Tucmar