“Slow food...bad service, defensive owner”
Review of Casa Solar - CLOSED

Casa Solar
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2011

2 hours to get food??? Had us ther till 10:45 pm... My buddy orders scallops, they bring shrimp and say "they hope that's ok"??? No specials, limited menu, over cooked food and when you complain they get defensive. Would not reccomend this place to anyone, they never heard the phrase "customer is always right" they act like they are doing you a favor.

There are newer reviews for Casa Solar

Reviewed 4 October 2010

My wife and I went to Casa Solar last night for our fifth time. The food was good, but this was our worst experience of the lot. We waited about 30 minutes, which we were fine with, since we walked in at 8:00 on a Saturday night without a reservation. We had never seen the place this busy, so it has gotten a lot more popular in recent months. After we sat down, we realized that there was only 1 server and 2 busboys / runners for the entire restaurant, which includes 15 tables and, on this particular night, a private party on the back patio for 20 people. They were grossly understaffed. The service was extremely slow and we had to ask twice for everything - more salsa, water, salt & pepper. After my third unsuccessful request for water, I brought my glass to the kitchen and asked them to fill it up. I was prepared to go fill it up in the bathroom sink if I had to.

It costs the restaurant nothing to add on a couple servers for the night; I would highly recommend they do so. The lack of service really made an impression on us, and not a good one.

Regarding the food, it looks like they've raised their appetizer prices a bit. At $15, the black bean dip was a disappointment. If it were $7 or $8, it would have been OK, but for $15, we expected more. I got the ancho chili crusted rib eye steak with grilled veg and fries. It was excellent and huge. I only at 1/3 of it and brought it home for 2 additional meals. My wife had the Halibut, which was fresh and delicious. We didn't get dessert tonight. We normally do, but just couldn't wait around any longer.

To sum it all up, we still love the food and atmosphere at Casa Solar. And we love that it's a BYOB. They really should do something about the lack of service though.

Reviewed 21 May 2010

The food is delicious. Unfortunately it comes out very slow. I know I can't blame the waiter for it, the kitchen is slow, but the food is worth it. When coming here make sure to enjoy a relaxed dinner and if you have plans, make a reservation early. Gotta try the tapas style appetizers, yummy paella, and desserts!!

Reviewed 10 January 2009

I took my girlfriend out to Casa Solar last friday night. The wait staff was extremely friendly and struck up conversations with us. The atmosphere was very private and relaxed, with a very peaceful ambiance.

The meal was first-rate, and came in less than 30 minutes. Desert was very tasty too. In all, the meal was approx. 1.5 hours and the bill was very reasonable. A great place to take anyone who appreciates great meals and great conversation.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Wall Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 September 2008

Great food, everything made to order. Expect a 2 hour dinner. Bring your own liquor. First rate.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook