See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Worst motel I have been to in 30 years, dirty inside and outside. Stayed four nights only because they would not refund my money. If my family was with me I would have left regardless of the money.
Don't fall for the price pass on this one.

Room Tip: run away don't walk
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2017

My fiancé and I stayed at the Rodeway Inn at 568 Washington Ave,Belleville NJ. We got a room for us and our 18 month old son and our 15 year old brother. When I made the reservation online I choose the option to have two queen beds in a non smoking room. We arrived to the hotel after a 6 hour drive from New Hampshire around 930pm (possibly later) When we checked in the woman again said 'so you want two queen beds, I said yes please' and she put us in a non smoking room on the 3rd floor, room 133 actually to be exact. As soon as we got to the third floor the smell of marijuana was so heavy that we were literally smacked in the face with it from the second we turned the corner to the hallway. Mind you again, my fiancé is carrying our 1.5 year old son through this. When we got to our room (only second or third door from the stairs) the smell of the marijuana was still lingering throughout the room. For obvious reasons we were very unhappy about this and that our non smoking room had this smell in it. I do understand that some of your rooms are smoking, which is fine, but to have a whole floor of a hotel smelling of marijuana and then my specified non smoking room to still smell of people smoking not only cigarettes but this, was extremely upsetting to us. When we got into our room we also noticed that both of our beds were full sized, not queen. My fiancé and his brother went down to the front desk to talk to the woman about either getting the room of which I paid for online or to even switch to a different floor where hopefully the whole floor wasn't like walking through a smoke show. The woman simply told him "this is what we have if you don't like it then you can pay to go somewhere else" we both found this extremely unprofessional. We weren't asking for an upgrade or for special treatment, we were asking for what we reserved and paid for. Had there been no queen rooms in the hotel then not only should that not be an offer on the booking website but she should have explained the error when I went in to check in especially since she repeated back to me "you want two queen beds". Now I'm sure that I wasn't the only person in that hotel with a baby (or maybe I was) but to be 6.5 hours away from home and to have to stay in a hotel where you have to put a towel along the bottom of the door to keep marijuana smoke out is extremely displeasing to me and I feel as though needs to be brought to the attention of an upper since the woman at the front desk couldn't be bothered to even place us in a different location throughout the hotel.

A day following our stay I called the direct line of the hotel to ask for the email or to speak to a manager, the woman at the front desk questioned me and refused to give me the name of a manager. She gave me an email that came back as a non existent email address.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Nlynne10
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I give this hotel a 0. If you are looking to take your cheap hooker to a filthy hotel this is the place for you. Walking up the steps to our room the carpet looked like it hadnt been vacuumed in month's.. got in the room and it smelled terrible.. it was late so we decided to deal with it. Pull down the blanket and the sheets were filthy.. the pillowcase was super dirty and there was someone elses hair still on it. As I went to pick my keys up off the desk i noticed blood on the wall. Nothing was take care of. Needless to say we immediately left and drove the 2 hours home... itching the entire way. Absolutely disgusting. I have no clue how this place is even in operation.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

I guess when this place was built, there weren't a lot of restrictions on building standards. We were looking for a cheaper place to stay as we were not going to be in our room very much.
This is not the place for you if you have trouble with stairs. Weather you go down or up you can't avoid the rather narrow stairs. No elevators to be seen so lugging suitcases was a workout. The rooms were pretty small too.
That being said, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms got 2 things very right, a very comfy bed and a big TV. So I can't say it's a bad value for the cost based on that, would just pack lighter suitcases!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Nitin G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Hi Deborah B,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive and hear positive feedback.

The hotel is not on the level of a Holiday Inn or a Marriott but on a much lower level so the basic amenities and functions of the room are present such as the cleanliness and a moderate level of service. We continuously prepare ourselves to provide the most service to all of our guests in any situation based on the franchise requirements and standards. My staff will be retrained and we will be sure that they assist you and other future guests with luggage going up the staircase. We apologize to you that we could not give this service before during your stay.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and your understanding, and we hope your next visit will be even better than the previous one.

Nithin Gulhane
Rodeway Inn Belleville
(973) 759-9898

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Loved it.. Nice stay clean room

Wonderful staff

Great place to relax at very very nice atmosphere

Good housekeeper

I left my clothing items by mistake

At the hotel

They nicely saved it for me

Rode way inn
I will be a returning Guest

Wonderful staff
Committed and caring

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
nikita g, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Dear guest,