“Incredible Sushi and Sashimi”

West Lake Asian Cuisine
Ranked #20 of 44 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We love sushi and sashimi (SnS) and eat it often.
This is just about the best we have ever had. And Harry is masterful at presentation. He should be - he is very well trained. Most SnS places are skimpy on portions to save $$. Not Harry. The portions are generous of the fish. And the rolls. Out of this world! Really unbelievable!
Now we all know SnS is not inexpensive. But the portion size here fills me up and I really feel as if I got my money worth.
Don’t miss the Sashimi special salad (enough to share) with your S or S.
The equipment Harry has for care of the fish is superior and quite high quality for a local SnS Resturant.
The new owners have done a masterful job of renovating.
Their Chinese food is very good. A bit different from previous owners - and locals don’t like change - but the new recipes are v good in their own right.
Like many young family owned Resturant’s the children are around after school doing homework and playing video games. Get used to it - that is small town American way.
If you are a Sushi and Sashimi fan - DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE. If you have ever wanted to try SnS - this is the place for a first try.
Otherwise it is a wonderful local Chinese Resturant for eat in or take out.
West Lake Asian Cuisine is a small town staple and should be part of your regular Resturant rotation.
Most would be even more surprised to learn that if the sushi has not been frozen, it is illegal to serve it in the United States. Food and Drug Administration regulations stipulate that fish to be eaten raw -- whether as sushi, sashimi, seviche, or tartare -- must be frozen first, to make it safe too eat raw.
So for those who complain that the SnS comes from flash frozen state - you should be grateful and enjoy the resulting safe fish.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I loved the sushi . Fresh and delicious
I also had wonton soup. It totally hit the spot . I would recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Great food that is fresh and service and be sure to ask for Eddie! If this place was closer to downtown the lines would be oit the door

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My first visit under new management. Eddie, our server, totally cute with his man bun - very sweet and polite. Veggie lomein and triple delight delighted us and planters punch was the perfect accent. We'll be back!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

It doesn't have the same magic as before, but it does have a sushi bar now! The food is good, especially considering the local and lack of competition. Have not tried the sushi yet but happy to have that in the neighborhood now.