“Best Pizza in NH”

Anthony's Old Style Pizzeria
Ranked #34 of 44 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Real NY Style thin crust pizza and athinkit Sicillian pizza and home made Eggplant Meatballs Dough and lasagna. In the winter Home made soups give it a try I promise you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

I currently live in Keene, NH. I grew up in NJ where every pizzeria would take pride in making their own dough, sauce and use fresh ingredients and toppings. Nothing beats a home made pie. I've lived in NH for 6 years and nothing came close to a good old hand tossed NY style pie until I accidently pulled into the Plaza where Anthony's is located. I grabbed a couple slices and was blown away. It brought me back to NJ instantly. In 6 years, I have tried pies from dozens of local Pizzerias around the state. Nothing compares to Anthony's. I only wish they were located closer to where I live. When I work close to Wolfeboro, I call the wife to let her know I'm bringing home a couple pies for dinner. Anthony's does a half bake where they half cook the pie and I finish it off when I get home since I'm over 2hrs away. It comes out perfect every time. I'm not knocking other local Pizzerias, but when you use pre-made dough and sauce, a true pizza condesour knows the difference.
It's a shame and a disappointment to read a couple of the negative reviews. Realizing where the people writing the reviews were located, out of town, we all know they don't know a good pie if it was dropped on their heads. It's too thin? Are you serious? That's the guy who thinks DiGiorno is their local pizzeria because it was in the freezer section at the grocery store in town.
I also had their lasagna last time I stopped by for lunch. Amazing! Their menu options are fantastic. If Anthony's were in Keene, I'd be proud to call it not only the best Pizza in town, but the best Italian Restaurant too. That's what is undervalued at Anthony's. Their Italian pasta dishes. Looking forward to my next business trip to Wolfeboro to try their Sicilian!

markanthony2, Owner at Anthony's Old Style Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Thank you for the great review. Like you said down south of New England we are a dime a dozen. But as soon as you leave Connecticut Greek pizza is the dominant Pizza. Thanks again see you soon.. Mark

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Every time I've ordered a sandwich (cold or hot) from Anthony's I haven't been disappointed. Haven't ordered a pizza yet but the subs and sandwiches are great. It's a small restaurant with a few tables but the owner is fabulous. You won't be disappointed. I think it's a Wolfeboro Falls gem.

1  Thank Michelle M
markanthony2, Owner at Anthony's Old Style Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Thanks for the great review. It's a pleasure to serve you we really feel like our regular customers​ are like our friends or even family.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

I ordered the lunch special pastrami. Wow, it was great. The meat was fresh and lean and the side of fires was cooked to perfection. I would not hesitate to eat at Anthony's again.

markanthony2, Owner at Anthony's Old Style Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. Make's our job more fulfilling to know that people love our food. Thanks again,

Reviewed 9 October 2016

I don't understand how anyone can like their pizza. They were super greasy. Why would anyone deep-fry eggplant before putting it on a pizza? Please tell people your garlic is not fresh. Where did the anchovies come from? Not good.

markanthony2, Manager at Anthony's Old Style Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Don't think that you are in the right review we have fresh garlic unless you use the garlic powder in the dinning room. Eggplant is fresh made in house. And EVERYBODY frys eggplant with breading. Almost sounds like you made a mistake with this review. Good luck..... Mark

Reviewed 22 September 2016

too few toppings too thin crust great sauce-needs more cheese. sat outside with dog -a plus small variety of choices of drinks

markanthony2, Manager at Anthony's Old Style Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Well this is a rare complaint we are a FULL topping Pizzeria. But mistakes happen if you would have told us about the problem we would have made you another pizza. Sorry for the confusion. Anthony's