“Great Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 10 August 2016

I have eaten there many times. Sushi is always fresh, service is very good and the food is excellent at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 23 July 2016

The food here is great, not greasy at all. The menu is huge and the staff is very helpful. Never had anything bad from this place, you won't be sorry. Its a take out Chinese Restaurant, only a couple of tables to sit and eat, but its so close to our house that we order often.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Joyce L
Reviewed 17 May 2016

A short drive from Route 93, it is worth it if you want good Asian cuisine prepared quickly. They have only a few tables for in house eating so take out is their main stay, but everything we have tried has been freshly cooked and hot. It' major downside is it is closed on Mondays.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 3 May 2016

This is a small, take-out-only (well, they might have a small table or two, but take-out is the name of the game here) Chinese restaurant, with very, very average fare. I've never had anything particularly bad here, but certainly nothing at all that was outstanding - nothing that will stick in your mind and cause you to come back again. The menu is, again, very typical: all of the usual Americanized Chinese mainstays, and nothing exceptional. You can certainly do worse, but you can do better in the area as well.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 16 March 2016

My friend and I took a jaunt to Salem, NH today to get some butts and other things. After we had done all the shopping I wanted to take her to Maryanne's Diner. But by the time we got there they were closed. We looked around the plaza and saw a couple of other restaurants. We were headed for the pizzeria when we walked by this place. I know she loves Chinese food so I thought, hey, lets try here.

(Now on an aside, I was taking a big chance. If a restaurant uses MSG I have an immediate reaction, so I crossed my fingers.)

We were only a few minutes late for the lunch specials, but they said they would give them to us anyway. OK, so the dealio is, its a combo platter with choice of appetizer (Eggroll, crab Rangoon, beef or chicken teriyaki or chicken wings), white or pork fried rice and of course the entrée. This included a can of soda or a bottle of water. OK, get this... $5.98 to 6.98 for lunch.

The crab Rangoon was exceptional. Usually they're pretty tasteless inside, but these had a very luxurious flavor. I found out they're house made, not out of a box and fried. No surprise there. It definitely shows. I had the sweet and sour chicken. Fantastic. Strips of white meat chicken, battered in this wonderful tempora batter and fried to golden brown. I jumped for joy when I found pieces of fruit in my sweet and sour sauce! It was incredible! My friend had the shrimp and broccoli with garlic sauce. She asked them to spice it up a little and they did. The sauce was over the top. The broccoli florets were bright green and just crunchy enough. I can't say enough about this lunch. The only real drawback was the fried rice. It didn't have a lot of taste, and all that was in in besides rice were some pork pieces. A lot of pork pieces, but nothing else, no sprouts, eggs, etc. But you know what? Who cares. The portion size is huge (and this is lunch) We both ate and took one entire plate home.

This appears to be mostly a take out restaurant, as there are only 2 tables in the place. And you order at the counter. Its a tiny place, but very clean and well maintained.

I will say this place is out of the way. If Maryanne's Diner had been open I would have never found it, but I am so glad I did!! Check out their website for more details. This is a place worth finding!

Date of visit: March 2016