“Exceptional place for a small wedding!”
Review of Chesterfield Inn

Chesterfield Inn
Reviewed 15 November 2008

I had my wedding and reception at the Chesterfield Inn last month. I don’t usually take the time to write reviews but wanted to for the Chesterfield Inn. It was an awesome location to have a small wedding and an overall beautiful place where attention is paid to every last detail. Inside the Inn there is a lot of charm and character. The grounds outside are so beautiful that it was hard to choose one spot to have the ceremony. I finally settled on getting married on their very cute terrace. The pictures of my ceremony are lovely with what I think are crab apple trees in the background with little red fruit on them. For posed pictures after the ceremony I have the background of the Inn's meadow of tall grass with rolling hills in the distance. In the event of rain I would have been just as happy to have been wed in front of the fireplace or a large picture window that looks out on the terrace. The Inn was so pretty and well taken care of that I dedicated 3 pages of my wedding album to scenic pictures of the Inn and its grounds!

The service was impeccable. The best part for me was the Inn Keeper's and staff’s attention to detail. I got a detailed letter of all of the arrangements we had decided on so I knew that the decisions made for my wedding would be carried out as I had wanted. All of the little details were handled as expected. It really was amazing to see all of the details that go into a wedding delivered flawlessly. And all of this was done with warmth and a genuine feeling that people were open to doing whatever they could to be helpful for the wedding itself and for the many times that I came in to plan for the event.

The food was also amazing. The filet mignon and salmon were delicious and prepared with unique sauces. Even the salad was terrific! The guests especially raved about the hors d’oeuvres. The hors d’oeuvres were the last and hardest choice I had to make for my wedding arrangements. There were so many unique choices… bison sausage, balsamic roasted lamb on feta rosemary biscuits, wild mushroom and goat cheese turnovers, smoked trout and boursin cheese on herbed toasts.... I could go on and on, but this gives you an idea of the quality and uniqueness of the Inn’s menu.

When the wedding reception was over it was wonderful that we (my new husband and I, and many of our guests) could just walk to our rooms for the night.

One of my guests said to my husband’s 2 teenage nieces something like, “Not everyone gets to experience the finer things in life at such a young age. You two are lucky to have experienced such a fine event in your early years.” I thought he summed up well how exceptional I felt everything was at the Chesterfield Inn. I could not be more grateful to all there who contributed to making my wedding day such a wonderful event.

Reviewed 15 November 2008

As a yarn shop owner I lead a group of knitters twice yearly in a get-away weekend. The Chesterfield Inn has been our host for the last three retreats. In a nutshell:

The bedrooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and clean.
The common rooms are inviting and spacious; don't forget to check out the sunroom and terrace.
The food is delicious, with excellent presentation and the chef is extremely flexible in terms of dietary needs. For breakfast, don't miss the caramel french toast. The house hummus and toasted pita chips are a treat and there is no need to make dinner reservations. The Chesterfield dining room is one of the best dinner restaurants in the area,
The staff is friendly, courteous and most encouraging of suggestions.

And you just may see us there knitting away, chatting, and enjoying fine food and friendships.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2008

A wonderful place!

Reviewed 3 October 2008

Friendly is what I read in every review........well, we did not dirve for miles in the rain or something like that. so we were not desperate to get anywhere. Arriving at the Inn we had to 'find' the frontdesk clerk......... When we did she said "I get to eat occasionaly" carrying her plate to the frontdesk...........So people don't arrive at her dinnertime!! Our dinner was fine but after I went to ask for the SMTP.....line to be able to send my email from Outlook Express. The answer was: " No one ever had problems with sending email, you don't need anything to send email and we have nothing to giive you.". That is all fine IF everyone uses Hotmail or gmail...........NOT when you use Outook or Outlook express. I have to say THANKS a LOT for being so knowlegable, rude and impolite...........I have no remarks about the garden, or accomodations, they are all fine and you don't hear the highway when all doors and windows are closed.
A somewhat disappointed guest.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
BettyNewHampshire, Owner at Chesterfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2008

To me, this sounds like a misunderstanding due to the language barrier between the front desk staff and a European traveler. All of us at the front desk have a basic understanding of how computers work, but are not necessarily technically savvy about all aspects of e-mail and computer usage. As to there being no one at the
front desk when the guests arrived, the person working had stepped back to the kitchen for a moment to pick up her dinner, which she eats at the front desk so that she can be available to guests at all times. We apologize for any misunderstanding, and appreciate the feedback and opportunity to improve communication with our guests.

Reviewed 9 September 2008

This is a charming, well-maintained inn, located only a few miles east of Brattleboro VT and about 15-20 minutes' drive from Keene NH. It is a perfect base for exploring the Monadnock region.

Everything about the inn works. The rooms are large, comfortable, and attractively furnished. We chose the least expensive room available, and its only flaw was a little noise from the highway about 50-75 yards away. The bed was great. Housekeeping was flawless.

The inn has a comfortable lounge and patio with peaceful views of the lawn and wild flower-filled fields as well as distant hills. Complimentary tea and cookies are served there in the afternoon. The complimentary breakfast is exceptionally good: your choice of prepared-to-order omelets, pancakes, etc., as well as fruit, cereals, pastry, and excellent coffee. The dining room is quiet at dinner, but it offers a surprisingly large choice of entrees and a full bar, including a fairly-priced wine list. Not all the dishes we sampled were home runs, but they were all good.

The staff of the inn are friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable about the region. We enjoyed our visit, and we're almost certain to return.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chesterfield
2.8 km away
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
2.6 km away
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Hampton Inn Brattleboro
#2 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Chesterfield Inn? Share your experiences!