Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$178
Half Moon Motel & Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$136
Hotels.com
Lake Winnipesaukee Motel(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$142
Grand View Resort(Weirs Beach)
US$173
US$157
Cedar Lodge at Brickyard Mountain(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$228
Lazy E Motor Inn(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$122
Lakeview House & Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$93
Travelocity
Sun Valley Cottages(Weirs Beach)
US$120
US$109
Hotwire.com
Lakeside Getaway(Weirs Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsperfect family vacationweirs beach areathe ownerbeach barminute walkconvenience storeboat traffica wonderful staygreat spotpatricklakepropertydockdeckboatsparadenaswa
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My family decided to take a last minute weekend trip and booked based on reviews, we were not disappointed. I called and spoke with Patrick to book the cottage and he was extremely nice and helpful. We stayed in suite 20 (Welch) and were so amazed at how clean and well maintained it was. The beach was perfect for my 2 boys and my 4yr old loved to watch the constant boat parade! Everyone we spoke with had been returning to Proctors for years and now I know why. We are planning to make a trip to Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages a new family tradition every year!!! Can't wait until our next visit!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rburrows44
Patrick C, General Manager at Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for this very kind review. It was a pleasure having you at Proctor's, your boys certainly made the most of the beach! Looking forward to seeing you and your family at Proctor's again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My wife I and stayed in one of the Suites that can accommodate up to 3 people in early August. We absolutely enjoyed our stay and we will likely visit again, this time with our 6 year old! We stayed 2 nights in total. A Saturday and Sunday night.

Here are some details and a little background:

My wife and I are very familiar with the Weirs Beach area, and knew of Proctors, but had never stayed there before. we decided to finally try someplace new and we are glad we did! Our room was typical motel room in size. It had a queen side bed, and next to it was a couch(that also pulls out)/sitting area along with flat screen TV. There was a tiny kitchenette that included a very old 2 burner cooktop, a microwave, and dorm room size fridge. This was perfect for our needs as we only used the fridge to keep our drinks cold. The bathroom was fine, certainly not fancy. What made the room great was the deck that overlooked the beach and Lake Winnepesaukee. The suites are up on a hill, so it made for a great view down to the beach and lake. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting out there after dinner watching the parade of boats slowly making there way through the Weirs Channel. It was very therapeutic and peaceful. The room was very clean as well.
The beach was awesome, clean and well maintained. Patrick, the owner, is always around watering plants, raking the sandy beach, and other chores that come with maintaining a lakefront property. Plenty of chairs for everyone on the beach including a sitting area that had some tables set up as well. There was also a swim raft which the kids liked. The swim area was roped off so as to keep the boats away from the swim zone.
Patrick happily greeted us on arrival and he was almost always on property checking to see how everyone was doing, and keeping everything neat and tidy. They have a strict no visitors policy which I think is terrific. I am sure some people don't like that policy, but I personally like it.
You are about a 5 minute walk to the Weirs Beach boardwalk, convenience store with beer!, and a sub shop. The Naswa is right next door as well. This can be both a blessing and a curse. On weekends, the Naswa music (local band's) can be heard from Proctors. Its not super loud, but you can definitely hear it and can its loud enough that you can tell what song the band is playing. The Naswa, because of its beach bar (The Naz), brings a steady stream of boat traffic looking to dock and enjoy some cocktails. In our younger days, my wife and I have been to "The Naz" and enjoyed it, at this point in our life, its not our cup of tea. I'll say it like this...It would not cause us to not visit Proctors again. However, I could understand how some people might be annoyed by the noise.
The only slight negative I can think of would the suites proximity to the main road. Some of the passing motorcycles can be pretty loud at night and in the early morning. My wife and I are pretty deep sleepers, so this didnt bother us, but I could see how it could be an issue if your a light sleeper. Also if you are staying in one of the cottages, the road noise would not be an issue as they are well back from the road, right on top of the Lake. The only other thing to mention is that the terrain on the property is very hilly, with lots of stairs. If you have any physical limitations with getting around or walking, this may be a tough place for you.

In summary, we will definitely return next summer, this time with our 6 year old daughter, who will have a blast. Patrick, the owner, runs a great spot and went out of his way to make everyone comfortable. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stoner420

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your detailed review. I enjoyed chatting with you and your wife while getting my chores done. I very much agree with your comment about the deck being what makes the room great. Many of our guests who stay in the Suite Building tend to spend their days relaxing and watching the parade of boats as you did! Looking forward to seeing you again this coming summer.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Proctors was the perfect place for our family vacation. The location was beautiful and convenient, with friendly owners and very well maintained. The water front cottages were clean and cozy. Highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mmcaty

Thank you very much for staying with us, your group was a pleasure to have at Proctor's! Looking forward to seeing you all again this summer.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

My family of 3 spent the weekend at Proctor's this past weekend. It was my and my daughters first stay but my husband has stayed with his friends for Bike Week multiple times. Our lives are fast paced and stressful and this was the ultimate relaxation. Our cottage was adorable. Loved the free wi-fi too! We relaxed on the beach, walked to Weirs Beach, dined and drank. The owners Patrick and Gladys are amazing. So accommodating and friendly. We will definitely be back in the very near future. Close to all the attractions and fun! You've got to stay here!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank tjazzle624

It was wonderful having you, your husband and your daughter stay with us. I especially enjoyed seeing the family man side of your husband after seeing him at Motorcycle Week with his friends for so many years. Looking forward to more relaxing visits from you and your family. And your parents were great guests also when they visited this past summer!

Reviewed 14 August 2016

We have been coming to Proctors for 15+ years. There is NO WHERE ELSE that I would rather go. The cabins are always clean and they are updated. The beach is lovely - especially for sitting first thing in the am with a good book and a cup of coffee. But mostly, the owners are WONDERFUL. Always so helpful and nice; they just feel like family (but the good family!). The cabins are set down from the road, which virtually eliminates the road noises. It is just the most wonderful place - we hope to keep coming for many, many years.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Karen S
Patrick C, General Manager at Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thank you! You have been a truly wonderful guest for almost two decades! I enjoy seeing you and your sister on the beach bright and early each morning during your stay. I'm sitting outside watching another great morning start as I type this, I'm sure you can picture the view! Looking forward to another 15+.