All reviewsfront desksitting areacoffee makertime sharecoyote grillroaring firehockey tournamenttown squarebeds were comfortablelong weekendhot chocolateski areahome away from homeminute drivegreat weekendtownhousevalley
Reviewed 28 November 2015

We spent a night at the Valley Inn and found many things to recommend this hotel. First of all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The desk was always staffed and assisted us with directions and suggestions for dinning. The hotel was clean and conveniently located near the heart of Waterville Valley so it was easy to walk the town square, over to the Athletic complex and restaurant and see all the sights. The bathroom was small but equipped with a hot tub and a good hot shower. In the morning they offered coffee in the lobby. We noticed that there was only 1 hotel that offered breakfast and when we visited, only the grocery store offered baked goods and egg sandwiches. So the town definitely could use more breakfast options and I hope the Valley Inn might step up to the plate.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Justin G, General Manager at The Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Dear JPPondWalker, Thank you for visiting us at The Valley Inn. We greatly appreciate you taking time and writing a positive review as it is always an honor to serve you. We agree breakfast has been somewhat lacking in Waterville Valley once the Blue Moon Cafe closed, but I'm happy to report a new restaurant called Mulligans just opened up and is now serving breakfast. We hope you will think of The Valley Inn next time you decide to vacate to the mountains.
Most sincerely yours, The Valley Inn Team.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Found this hotel on groupon and went this past weekend. Very unsatisfied. We were put in the back corner of the basement.. Literally the basement not first floor (keep in mind this hotel has 3 other normal floors that were not full). Outdated, stains on couch, poor wifi. Given a pass to do activities around but none were actually offered during our stay so it was useless. There were spiders (on our floor in the basement anyway). Also was creepy that we were the only ones in the basement our entire stay but some nights doors were left open a crack all night.
We checked out the game room since that was also in the basement and none actually worked except the pool table, which can't really get broken. Also vending machine ate our dollar.
Rooms were over priced for condition, nothing within half hour to do. Had to drive 40 minutes to even find a diner for breakfast.
Do not recommend.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank htillman

Dear Htillman, Thank you for visiting us at The Valley Inn. Thank you also for taking time for writing a review. Sorry to read that your experience was not as good as we had Hoped for you. We hope your future vacations are all exceptional and that you never need to write such reviews ever again. Had we known you had an issue would do anything within our powers to make things right.
Best Regards
The Valley Inn Team

Reviewed 15 October 2015

This Inn is outdated, very outdated. It needs to be refurbished badly. There is no bar and no restaurant. It was clean and the staff are very nice. My TV did not have sound on all the channels. Our visit was a spur of the moment.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Merry011
Reviewed 13 October 2015

We had been to The Valley Inn about 15 years before and had a great time. We looked at the website and compared it to other hotels in the area and from what we saw it looked comparable and even slightly more updated than most. The website has a picture of champagne glasses giving a false perception. In reality it was pretty ordinary and pretty outdated. The tavern is gone replaced with potentially nice space with a fireplace but it was not decorated much. It felt like a big space with some furniture to fill it in. Our room had beds that were so worn it felt like we were sleeping in a letter "U". No pictures hanging on the wall and a bedside lamp with no plugs around for it to connect. An old tube TV topped it all off. This is not to say these criticisms are tragedies but but when you are charging $200+/night and have on your sign outside the hotel stating "elegant" accommodations it feels as a customer we way overpaid. I will say the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful which is why I would not say the hotel is poor. They were great!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2015

This review is long overdue. I’ll preface this by stating that the hotel selection in this area is very limited. My family and I stayed in March of 2015; it was perhaps the worst hotel experience that we have had in 20 years. The people at the desk seem kind and welcoming, but they are understaffed and the staff can’t make up for the deficiencies of the Inn. The lobby gives the appearance of a cozy New Hampshire Inn with a large fireplace. I would suggest that you stop at the lobby.

The rooms are truly dilapidated, and require maintenance for peeling paint and mildewed carpets. The mattresses on the beds need to be replaced; they are old and dingy and that’s being kind. There were 2 mattresses with NO mattress covers at all, and the sheets directly on the mattress.

The soap and shampoo that is provided is insufficient, and during a 3 day stay it was never replaced. The carpet was so mildewed that I wouldn’t put my feet on the carpet, I wore flip-flops the entire time that I was in the unit. The bathroom and mismatched towels have been neglected for years.

The internet is non-existent, and this is why I rated it a “one” – I went to the desk and politely complained about the internet, and the person at the desk seemed quite surprised that it wasn’t working, over and over again this played out with different staff members. I was with a group of people, and every single person could not get internet access. I went back and read every review over the past 5 years; the lack of internet connectivity has been a recurrent theme – just tell the customer the truth – the internet does not work!

While reviewing the comments on Trip Advisor I also have noticed a trend over the past several years. There was a change in the manager, and now every realistic/honest review is followed by incredible 5 star reviews complimenting the staff and the facility – it’s a consistent theme. The Village Inn does not provide value to the consumer – even at ¼ the price I would not stay at the Inn. Stop at the lobby and go no further, better yet… keep driving.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family