Patio Motor Court(Twin Mountain)
All reviewsfire pitgeneral store across the streetwhite mountainslarger cottagenice screened porchqueen bedevery summergas stationsanta's villagecoffee makerafter a long daynew hampshirebriancozymotelsledsmicrowave
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Stayed two nights in mid June. Very clean, and the owners obviously take pride in their units. But when other reviewers use "cozy", they really mean small. Not a big issue for us though. The sink is pretty much in your lap when using the toilet. Very nice screened porch with small table and chairs, but no light other than a small outside light, so after dark I could not enjoy the cool breeze and read.,

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I didn't think much of the place when our group arrived but it grew on me. The place is clean, the owners were very nice and accommodating. The cleaning staff was thorough and we did not need to ask for anything. The only thing that you should be aware of, is the showers are very small but it's funny how it did not seem to bother me as much as when I first arrived.

It is in a great location to get around New Hampshire and enjoy the great roads.
And because of the positives, I am strongly considering to reserve some time in the fall when we go back to the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2017

This was our first visit in number 14 Victorian Cottage (for 1-2 people). It was clean, cozy, nicely decorated. There was a queen bed (I think...might be full) large dresser, coffee maker, loveseat, mini frig, and microwave in the room. Bathroom was very tiny...I don't think a large person (say over 250 lbs) could fit in the bathroom. It needs to be enlarged. We were there for 5 days and I almost upgraded to a larger cottage and definitely would have if we were staying longer. We prefer a little more room, it was a little to small for us. I read other reviews and it was not that quiet in the cottage. That was due to the very large amount of tractor trailers that run all day and all night up route 3. That of course is not the owners fault. We brought a noise machine and had it turned all the way up and yet my friend was still jarred awake one night by the trucks putting on their jake brakes coming downhill....The location was really good....the price was excellent. I would stay again and I would recommend it. There is a large convenience store and gas station right across the street. We went early June...which is the off season for the area and a lot of things were still closed. There's a seperate parking area for 1 car next to your cottage...there's a in-ground pool..lots of swings, basketball court, and a firepit for everyone to share. In the busy season...you would probably hear all that noise in your room. The area (the main grounds outside rooms) seems to small to entertain all those activities while also allowing someone who wants to relax and have quiet time in their room to be able to do so without hearing all the noise. The cottages are close together and that was a downside as well. There is a Motel on the grounds with approx. 8 rooms or so. I think there was about 10 cottages all together.

Room Tip: In the back would be quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We have just returned back home after a weekend stay at the Carroll Motel & Cottages. We stayed in cottage #2 and it surpassed our needs and expectations. When we arrived the owner greeted me promptly and checked us in right away. Upon entry to the cottage we found an immaculate cottage. It was very homey and had everything needed for a weekend stay.

They provided all linens and four towels. The cabinets were stocked with plates and glassware. A full size refrigerator, 3 TVs with cable and wifi. However the wifi connection was not the best but that was ok as we enjoyed the area's attractions.

We purchased the rocks estate Christmas tree package with two nights for a very reasonable price. Upon checking into the cottage we were provided a $75 dollar gift certificate for the rocks estate for a tree and a wreath.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We have been staying at the Carroll motel for a few years now. Going every year at the same time. The trails are nearby as well as seeing moose on the roadway. We might go back in the summer and enjoy the pool. Can't wait for next year . Thanks

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family