“Keep driving”

Grandpa Joe's Fried Foods
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Troy
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Stopped yesterday on the way home. They were super friendly but the food was terrible. I got a BLT - bacon was soggy and under cooked - ended up throwing it away. Chicken tenders and french fries were good but onion rings were also undercooked cold raw onions inside. If you have other options take them.

1  Thank nak98

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I just stopped in for a late lunch and we're so happy. The staff (we think grandpa Joe and his grandson) were super friendly. The inside was nice and clean. The food was fresh, hot and delicious. My wife had fish and chips and they came with a roll and coleslaw. I had the Grandpa Joe burger (bacon, cheese, peanut butter, jelly, lettuce, tomato and mayo) it sounds strange but tasted superb. We would definitely come back if we are up this way again!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for traditional seafood platters, or sandwiches, homemade chicken strips....they are awesome!! I must add, the price is a good value and portion sizes are very generous!

Reviewed 26 September 2015

This is a new takeout restaurant on Route 12 in Troy. It's located next to the Sugar and Spice Boutique a half mile or so north of the village green. Their menu includes fried seafood, burgers and dogs, fries and o-rings, and soft-serve ice cream.

Their burgers are good, but certainly not any better than their competitors. I tried the fried clams and did not like them. They were a bit soggy.

Onion rings are good, and a small order is quite large.

Seating is outside at picnic tables or take home. They have a potential dining room that wasn't ready when I visited. Maybe when the weather gets colder, it will be open.

The best thing about Grandpa Joe's is its location. It's very convenient to phone in an order from the road and make a quick stop on the way back to Keene. Pricing is appropriate.

They are open seven days a week, 10:30 am to 8:30 pm.

1  Thank KeenOnKeene