“Great service and food for entire family”

The Hilltop Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Sanbornton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Beautiful Views of lake and valley from large windows! Nice selection on wine, food was excellent...kids even loved it!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We reserved a table for 12 at this restaurant, to celebrate my in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary. We loved the views and they were able to accommodate us. The place is beautiful & upon arrival on a Friday night we found the restaurant to be pretty much empty, which was odd. There were several couples and small families with children dining on the outside deck, but the inside of the restaurant was basically all for us. I am guessing because this place is expensive. They initially tried to seat us far from the windows and view - which was strange because this side of the restaurant was empty. We asked to relocate right in front of the windows, which they rearranged the tables for us and made us happy. My son has food allergies, and I didn't have time to call ahead but did email someone off the website and no one responded. I like to take care of this conversation ahead of getting to the restaurant, so that it does not delay anyone's dinner orders. The waiter was responsive, but was training someone and didn't really give me my answers as quickly as I would have liked. So we unsure of what to order for my son. He is allergic to all nuts, sesame & egg. The waiter & trainee came to take our orders, and at this point I had to call him over again and ask him if he found out any answers regarding food ingredients. He was actually dealing directly with my teenage son, which was great & they had the whole thing worked out! My son ordered the Lobster Mac & cheese, with the bread crumb topping, and it was delicious. He ate every crumb. We ordered wings for the table and they were incredibly overpriced - like more than a dollar per wing. I did not have any but heard that they were good. I ordered the baked haddock over risotto. When the dinner orders came, we were missing 2 - my nieces chicken tenders (how difficult is that) and my baked haddock. Everyone sat there with their dinners waiting, and finally about 5 -10 minutes later my nieces came out. Mine still not out. I made everyone start on their dinner so it would not get cold & sat there with my wine trying to not get infuriated. My dinner came literally about 15-20 minutes later, which felt like an eternity because everyone was almost done eating. Something supposedly happened with the risotto, but my guess was that they made a mistake putting in the orders. When the food came it was beautifully presented & tasted delicious & fresh --the chef does a great job but they really need to get it together with their process. If not for these issues I would probably have given it a 5 star - but reading others comments seems like they've had similar experiences. They comped my meal, which we would have argued if not, so they made good on it. Overall it was a nice experience & a memorable place for a special celebration. I would return if in the area. The resort looked beautiful.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We ate here several times when we were staying at the Steele Hill Resort, as there really was no other option. Overall, the food was good and the service was so, so. For one thing, many of the servers don't speak English, which was a problem, since we literally had to show pictures of what drink we were ordering. The breakfast buffet was good, but they really had trouble keeping up with demand and were out of many items. They took people ahead of us in line, who didn't have reservations, and then told us there was a wait, even though we did have a reservation. Food was good and priced okay.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent and pricey. The service is almost non-existent. You should be on top of any specials because the servers are unaware. We stopped in twice on the same day. We went elsewhere after the experiences. The menu is lacking and overpriced and then the service is no where to be found. The views are incredible. Stop for a drink to enjoy the view. Do not come hungry and make a reservation for dinner for a window seat.

2  Thank TahitiDreaming10
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had dinner there and the view was nice...could see lake in the distance from deck area where we ate. Our waiter was pleasant and the menu offered quite a few choices. The wine list was also quite nice. Had lunch also and again from the deck amazing view and many choices for lunch!!!!

1  Thank debrae440

Been to The Hilltop Restaurant? Share your experiences!