“Delicious bakery foods that are sugar-free”
Review of Chatila's Bakery

Chatila's Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Salem
Price range: US$1 - US$32
Description: For over 28 years Chatila's has specialized in creating healthy alternative baked goods for those on restricted diets. We specialize in sugar-free, gluten-free, low-carb and low calorie products with amazing flavor!! Sweetened naturally. We ship nationwide!
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I have enjoyed the food at Chatila's for several years. The desserts are lovdely to look at and good to eat. I especially like the variety of muffins for breakfast and the whoopie pies as a treat. The cheesecake is very good too. They also provide the nutritional info and ingredients if you ask...service is excellent, the prices are a little high but worth the taste.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

For my wife's birthday, I had stopped in to purchase a couple of their cupcakes ( she didn't want an actual cake ).

Upon entering, I was amazed at all of the products that were readily available. The showcases were full!!

Since it was my first time there, BRITTANY was very helpful and explained how everything was Gluten Free and also Sugar-Free.

I had chosen two chocolate cupcakes and was on my way home. Thanks to BRITTANY for all of her help. I had a very positive experience!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This bakery is great for those who have to -or want to- limit their sugar intake. Cookies are terrific and the pastries are wonderful , especially the etoile.
People are friendly, but I really see no need for the tip jar.

Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Hello!

Thank you very much for the kind review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying our delicious product line as well as your experiences with our staff. The etoile is definitely a customer favorite :) we look forward to seeing you again! If you like the etoiles, we also have one with peanut butter mousse that is amazing too!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Visited the bakery for the first time for a little treat. I thought the selection was uninspiring and very limited. I finally settled on a whoopie pie after asking the girl at the counter if the filling was whipped cream or frosting to which she replied frosting (which I prefer). I got to the register with a very small probably 3 inch pie and was floored when it cost $2.75.

When I got home and finally had it it was stale and the filling was a whipped cream concoction. I won't be back.

Management response:Responded 28 June 2017

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry you found our bakery to have a limited product line. We typically find people are pleased with the variety of muffins, pastries, cookies, ice cream, cakes, and cheesecakes that we offer, which vary from being sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free. We do our best to provide an extensive product line, while maintaining a fresh stock of all items. We are sorry as well you did not enjoy the whoopie pie. They are actually one of our biggest sellers with many customers buying them by the dozens to have as a daily low calorie treat! Hopefully one day you will give us another chance as we really aim to please. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

My father is a diabetic but he has always had a terrible sweet tooth. He always feels left out because he can't have any of it. This bakery has made all the difference to him, he finally can enjoy the sugary taste without the actual sugar. My family and I go here literally every holiday to pick up a cake or pastry for him and he practically drools when we mention the blueberry muffins. The items are surprisingly a great price and we are all great fans.

Management response:Responded 6 October 2016

Hi There!

Thanks so much for the great review! We are so glad your father has been enjoying our cakes and pastries-as well as your entire family! We think they are pretty tasty too, but we might be biased :)

Come visit again soon!

Been to Chatila's Bakery? Share your experiences!