Lowest prices for your stay
US$238
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$238
PricelineUS$238
getaroom.comUS$241
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2021

I've stayed here many times over the years. Although the hotel is dated it still has all the features expected. Easy on / off the highway. Full breakfast available during COVID. Clean and welcoming hotel.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank steve375
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

Hi steve375,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review because this is one of the ways that let us know where we need to improve. We're delighted to to hear you found our hotel clean and welcoming. Your comments about the condition of our property will not go unnoticed as I have shared them with our management teams for improvements needed.

Again, thanks for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Connie D

Reviewed 17 August 2020

This place definitely needs updating which you’d never know if you go by the fact that they charge $180 a night. I’ve had better stays at Red Roofs for a fraction of the price. There were stains on the curtains and the room had a dank feeling. Beds weren’t that great either Holiday Inn Expresses are 100x better and also cheaper.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Hi LisaM1108,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts from your recent visit.

I was very disappointed to learn that we were unable to exceed your expectations during your stay. We strive to provide the best for each visit, and I'm sorry that it was not enough to complete your near-perfect stay. Your feedback is much appreciated and shared with the management team for future enhancements.

I hope that you would choose us again the next time you visit the area.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

We had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Portsmouth. The rooms were clean, the beds were so comfortable, and the breakfast served in the morning was the best I’ve had at any hotel lately. They had a nice sit-down restaurant with actual fresh-made breakfast food. The hotel is a mile from downtown Portsmouth, so it is technically walkable, but most people would just drive.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank bhink0506
Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

My wife and I chose this hotel based off location, price, & the photos on Priceline seemed promising.

Walking up to the hotel, the first thing I noticed at 5:30pm was an overflowing trash bin right outside the entrance (at 10:30pm, the trash was still overflowing). After check-in, we went to the elevator to head to our room and I noticed it had a nice wood interior that guests had carved things into. Upon reaching our room, we discovered furniture that looked like it had been recovered from a now defunct hotel as all the pieces were beat up, the desk wobbled, and the bed sounded like it had seen better days. There is little to no sound proofing as you can hear other guests traversing the halls.

Pros: The staff was kind and helpful. The bed linen and pillows were comfy. The lobby looked nice.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Hello bullmoose603,

Providing the best hotel experience begins with excellent service. It has always been our pleasure to assist our guests in whatever way we can. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations with hotel upkeep and room amenities. I have shared your comment with our Hotel Management for review and the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I hope we get the chance to serve you again and create a better experience for you in the future.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.

Reviewed 21 June 2020

This Holiday Inn is located right off of the highway in Portsmouth which was really convenient for my family. The restaurant and pool were closed due to the pandemic but everything was VERY clean. We were able to head downtown and still get breakfast at an outdoor dining spot. My check-in was fast and easy and the receptionist (I think his name is Daniel) was really sweet! I had asked for a room on a high floor away from an elevator and they gave me exactly what I asked for. I asked for extra blankets and they had them ready for me within minutes. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in the area and are in need of a hotel.

Date of stay: June 2020