“Great vegetarian restaurant”
Review of Green Elephant

Green Elephant
Ranked #2 of 219 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent menu. Delicious items. Well spiced. Delicious noodle dishes delicately spiced,creamy texture.

1  Thank Michael K

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I have dined here many times with friends and every time is a great experience. Do not let the "vegan" scare you away if you are a meat eater. The food is excellent. The pad thai is delicious, as well as the stuffed wontons (love!). Full of flavor! I tried the coconut soup on a winter day and it was warming and filling.

2  Thank CMLS2014
Reviewed 17 June 2018

My husband and I were staying at the Hampton Inn in Portsmouth earlier this month. This restaurant was just down the street. From reading the online menu, it looked like there were several items we would be interested to try. My husband eats a plant based diet and is used to having one or two menu items that he can choose from. It took him a long time to decide at the Green Elephant since everything on the menu was vegetarian. We both enjoyed our entrees (Peanut Curry & Steamed Vegetables with Peanut Sauce). We even saved room for dessert - Vegan Chocolate Orange Cheesecake. It was delicious.

2  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 16 June 2018

We ordered pad thai and fried rice, and they were both outstanding. I especially loved the soy-meat, and the vegetables were top notch. I ordered it as carry out, and I was also impressed with how quickly it was prepared, and a friendly hostess had it ready for me as soon as I walked in the door.

1  Thank Marywhotravels
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I stayed in the Mariott across the street for 2 months for work. The Green Elephant quickly became my go to place for food. It is delish! The red curry, tom kha soup and pad thai are amazing!

the only thing I did not like was the fresh spring rolls. Just kind of blah. Otherwise, all food is pretty much amazing here. ! Ask for some spice and get some 911 sauce on the side to spice it up more!

1  Thank 827sms