“Yummy treats”
Review of La Maison Navarre

La Maison Navarre
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Portsmouth
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Description: La Maison Navarre offers fresh homemade high quality products. In the long tradition of "Patisserie, Salon de The" & "Bar à Vin", we perpetuate the taste, the elegance and the French know-how.
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I've been here twice now just to grab a treat. The service has been kind and the food has been good. However, it has yet to be a truly memorable experienece, or a place that I tell people they must go to. The price can be a but of a detterent, but should be expected considering the location. Their macarons are a good consistency, melty and not dry.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This was a great stop for tea, French pastries and coffee. Loved the Madeleine cookies! We did not stay but they did have a nice dining area for table side service.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Was there at opening time, very quiet which was surprising considering the food is great!
Tempting selections for decadent treats. The croissant I had was perfect!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Maison Navarre moved into a spot that has seen a number of places come and go through the years. They've hit the right combination and I hope they stay for a long time. The croissants are light and flaky, the madeleines really flavorful, and they can pull a good espresso. I try to stop in often. They have a new wine bar that I haven't tried yet but if it's anything like the bakery it will be excellent.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Last night a friend and I stopped into La Maison Navarre in downtown Portsmouth for some cheese and wine. We selected a 5 item charcuterie board, including my favorite cheese, Comté, and a few others, and then let the Cheese Manager surprise us with their favorite. I’ve been to a lot of restaurants that create overpriced charcuterie boards where you end up with tiny little slivers of cheese that leave you wondering––that’s it? Not here––you get an ample amount of cheese and meats and plenty of bread. In fact, there was so much cheese that I had to ask for a second basket of bread, and when we were both full, and couldn’t eat any more, there was still cheese left on the board. We washed it down with a glass of Rosé and Sancerre and we were on our way.

I can’t wait to go back again.

Location is upstairs from the pasty and dessert area
Small and intimate.
Great for dates

Been to La Maison Navarre? Share your experiences!