“Cool Environment - Limited Menu and slow service”
Review of The Friendly Toast

The Friendly Toast
Ranked #21 of 219 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went early on a Saturday night, not busy, no wait. If you want breakfast or a burger for dinner, this is your place! I had a chicken sandwich, the meat wasn't cut, just a big slab of chicken... tough to eat... they made it a club(which I didn't ask for) too much bread and they charged me extra for it..........
We waited over a half hour for a burger, omelette and a sandwich... while we watched multiple servers and cooks hang out in the kitchen.......
very cool environment and location though

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 6 November 2018

It is such a fun place to go for a meal. It is a handy location when you attend a show at the Music Hall. The menu is varied and choices are all good. My favorite is the Mission Burrito and my husband usually gets one of their breakfasts any time we go there. The staff is friendly and service is good. Try it; you'll like it!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018

This is probably the best place for breakfast in downtown Portsmouth. THey have an excellent selection of egg dishes (omelettes, eggs benedict, etc.) as well as pancakes/waffles, etc.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018

We dined in a booth and enjoyed the waitress who selected our food choices: egg scrambled egg rolls for my guest and "Jack's scramble" [eggs, avocado, veggies] for me.
The toast was excellent, too.
We loved our whole experience including the Bloody Mary's which were chilled and very spicy.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018

We had a family breakfast in this friendly pace.
To my taste, the ambience was a bit dark for a breakfast, but other than that the staff were very friendly and attentive, the food was good and the portions were big. Maybe too big!

Date of visit: October 2018