“Owner went above and beyond for our family”
Review of Cafe Mediterraneo

Cafe Mediterraneo
Ranked #29 of 219 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2018

There is plenty of restaurants to choose from in Portsmouth, but the owner of Cafe Mediterraneo (and his seafood Lasagna) made me appreciate our family's choice. The service was exceptional and so was the food, including my wife's seafood risotto. You know the food is good when you see other options go by and you say "next time." You will not be disappointed here.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We celebrated a colleagues retirement and had a lovely time. Atmosphere was relaxing,not rushed. Service was attentive not pressured. From
The bread and seasoned dipping oil, salad, to the apps. & pasta dishes - food was well crafted and delicious . Wonderful intimate venue & great food.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

while walking around downtown Portsmouth--shopping etc.--stopped here for lunch--superb--not busy at time of my visit--great service--excellent Bloody Mary--soup unreal--main course--special stuffed ravioli w/mushrooms and seared scallops--to die for

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Nothing makes a meal better than charming service! This is our second time here and both times our waiter made the meal! My husband had the shrimp appetizer and house lasagna which easily feeds 2 and I had the Caesar and tortellini. Both generous portions and we brought extra home. I had read all the reviews for the higher rated restaurants but could not justify $25 for pasta. Glad we chose here. Finished the meal with grappa and cheesecake. This is a lovely gem in downtown with a reasonable wine list and not at all pretentious.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018

During my visit to New England, I was eager to try as many seafood dishes as possible, so I ordered a lobster and shrimp dish in cream sauce here. I thought it was excellent, and loved the bread which accompanied the meal. I have to say the soup as appetizer was a bit of a disappointment---it was the Cafe Med Soup which primarily featured squash and some other vegetables. I think it would be improved with a bit more "bite" to it. The service was pretty good and I enjoyed my table by the window where I could "people watch" and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Date of visit: April 2018