“Forgotten ”

Joe's New York Pizza
Ranked #125 of 215 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Forget to cook our pizza. Ok that’s fine. I get that. Never offers to cook our pizza. Gave us cold counter slices....not heated. Recommended from a friend. Very disappointed. Nene going back.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

To start with: if you need good pizza downtown, this is the place.

Been eating here forever, but our last couple of visits weren’t great. Pretty sure there are new people working, and they don’t have the best attitudes.

On top of that: when you order a pizza with three toppings, you expect (for what this place charges) to have all three toppings evenly distributed throughout the pizza. Not so on my last visit; everything was hastily thrown on, and mostly on one half of the pie.

Maybe they need to get into a rhythm, maybe they need more help, who knows. Give it a try, I’ve never had a *bad* pizza here. Ingredients are fresh, and there usually isn’t a long wait, even during peak periods.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Joe's is just a classic place to go when you just have a little time to spare for food and want some pizza. I have ordered slices, which are great and are heated for you very quickly, and have ordered full pizzas which also only take about 20 mins in my experience.
Last time I went there, I was with a nut-free friend, and she was able to eat there easily, just by letting the cashier know of her allergy. The only thing I have to say that was not great was that the pizza tends to have a little extra grease on it, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I've been here twice in two years when visiting Portsmouth, NH. Joe's is located on the main strip (Congress St) in Portsmouth which includes many stores and restaurants. If you want a cheap and quick bite (pizza) to eat, this place is good. It's clean. The staff are friendly. There are typically 5 or 6 pizza's ready in the hot window if all you want is a slice or two for them to quickly reheat. My son ordered two slices and a bottle of water and the total was $9.48. The slices were a good size for a hungry 15 year old. He was full after finishing.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite before going to a show. Bought two slices, pepperoni and veggie. When I was told the bill was nine dollars, I was shocked. Mind you, these were not large slices or exotic toppings. As far as taste, pizza was just OK. Probably won’t be back.