“Adorable breakfast spot for local treats!”
Review of The Goods

The Goods
Ranked #114 of 215 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: We are a local Market and Cafe. Our Cafe serves breakfast such as breakfast wraps, bowls, sandwhiches, and pastiries. We also have coffee, espresso and smoothies. For lunch we have Salads, bowls, wraps, subs and more! We also have a deli case with grab and go items such as fresh spring rolls. Our market sells several various local artisan crafts such as soap, oils, pottery, plants, etc. We also sell fresh local produce, meats and cheeses. We sell beer and wine! Also- we cater!
Reviewed 26 July 2018

We had a great breakfast at the Goods last weekend. The highlight was the brooklyn-style gluten free bagel! The staff was very knowledgeable about gluten allergies and helpful when ordering. Coffee was great too, and the ambiance is fun and cozy.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

The Goods is a busy, cozy café and market on the Vaughan Mall closer to Congress Street than to Hanover Street.

It serves breakfast all day with foods such as bacon and eggs, egg sandwiches, bagels, and pastries. It has more extensive menu selections for lunch which include wraps, subs, pizza slices, whole pizzas, and salads. The Goods also offers a wide variety of beverages from coffees and teas to all kinds of soft drinks, juices, smoothies, beer, and wine.

The décor was very typical of a fashionable café/coffee bar. It had a counter with high stools, a counter in the front window with high stools, and a cushioned settee with three wooden crates standing on end to function as a coffee table.

On my visit, I got a decaf coffee and a toasted asiago bagel with cream cheese. With tax, the total was $4.80.

I fixed my coffee at the coffee station. Then, I sat in the front window on the settee and enjoyed the coffee which was very good.

It was about a 20-minute wait for my food. The bagel was toasted lightly ~ just the way I like mine. It was only warm. I’ve had thicker bagels than this one. The portion of cream cheese on it was quite skimpy. I was not impressed with any part of it.

My overall experience at The Goods was good. I rate it at 3.75. The coffee and the ambiance created by the décor and arrangement of the market goods contributed greatly to the well-above-average rating. I can recommend stopping by far a snack and a beverage when looking for those items in the Vaughan Mall vicinity.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

I stopped by for the first time and ordered their cubano sandwich. The wait time was a bit long, but the sandwich was worth the wait -- it was delicious. It would be nice if they offered a few chips or pickles to go with their sandwiches. There's an outside eating area that's very pleasant in nice weather.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Loved the fresh food and espresso. Only a few places to sit buy a chill atmosphere.
We had soup and sandwich/vegetable curry for lunch with our lattes. They also sell truffles, which by the look of the place are fresh made in house.
Also, snacks, beer, wine and some food stuffs. Convenient to the downtown hotels and Portwalk Place.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

The Goods really is good. I love supporting non-chain establishments, and this is a great example of one.
Everyone who works there is friendly and most things that you could want from a café and small market are there. A big pro is that breakfast is served all day, and that a lot of the food is locally-sourced. The design of The Goods is really cute too. It's a perfect location for this type of establishment.
I went there for the first time with a few friends for bagels, breakfast sandwiches, etc. and smoothies/tea and though there was a little bit of a line for the breakfast rush, we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes to get everything. By the smell and taste of the food, I could tell it was made to order, which was refreshing. I have gone there multiple times after that, and it's been just as good every time. I love the idea of take-home pre-cooked meals, it makes it so easy to have healthy meals regularly!
All in all, it's such a cute, fun place (with ample parking just across the walkway!).
(If you read my recommendations, you'll see I could eat here every meal of the day and be absolutely happy)

Been to The Goods? Share your experiences!