“Good cubano sandwich”
Review of The Goods

The Goods
Ranked #113 of 215 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: We are a local Market and Cafe. Our Cafe serves breakfast such as breakfast wraps, bowls, sandwhiches, and pastiries. We also have coffee, espresso and smoothies. For lunch we have Salads, bowls, wraps, subs and more! We also have a deli case with grab and go items such as fresh spring rolls. Our market sells several various local artisan crafts such as soap, oils, pottery, plants, etc. We also sell fresh local produce, meats and cheeses. We sell beer and wine! Also- we cater!
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I stopped by for the first time and ordered their cubano sandwich. The wait time was a bit long, but the sandwich was worth the wait -- it was delicious. It would be nice if they offered a few chips or pickles to go with their sandwiches. There's an outside eating area that's very pleasant in nice weather.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Loved the fresh food and espresso. Only a few places to sit buy a chill atmosphere.
We had soup and sandwich/vegetable curry for lunch with our lattes. They also sell truffles, which by the look of the place are fresh made in house.
Also, snacks, beer, wine and some food stuffs. Convenient to the downtown hotels and Portwalk Place.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

The Goods really is good. I love supporting non-chain establishments, and this is a great example of one.
Everyone who works there is friendly and most things that you could want from a café and small market are there. A big pro is that breakfast is served all day, and that a lot of the food is locally-sourced. The design of The Goods is really cute too. It's a perfect location for this type of establishment.
I went there for the first time with a few friends for bagels, breakfast sandwiches, etc. and smoothies/tea and though there was a little bit of a line for the breakfast rush, we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes to get everything. By the smell and taste of the food, I could tell it was made to order, which was refreshing. I have gone there multiple times after that, and it's been just as good every time. I love the idea of take-home pre-cooked meals, it makes it so easy to have healthy meals regularly!
All in all, it's such a cute, fun place (with ample parking just across the walkway!).
(If you read my recommendations, you'll see I could eat here every meal of the day and be absolutely happy)

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My 5 kids and I stopped in on a sunday morning and ordered 5 delicious smoothies, coffee and a whole bunch of different breakfast items - bacon & eggs, breakfast sandwiches, bagels, breakfast burritos, fruit and pastries. We were able to get 6 seats together and everything was awesome and very reasonably priced. The service was also friendly and quick. This place was a great find for us and we were in and out in 30 minutes. There is ample parking (public lot) right next door. I would highly recommend a stop here. If this review helps you, please remember to click on the helpful thumbs up icon right below.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This is what Portsmouth needed! Casual, friendly staff with local food and classic combinations served in a funky atmosphere. Breakfast all day too! Fresher than most, (if not all) lunch places I've been to in Portsmouth. Only minor critique is wishing there was more outdoor seating in a space that feels designated to the restaurant.

Been to The Goods? Share your experiences!