All reviewssleigh ridehomemade muffinsevery morningnew englandcathedral ledgebreakfast was deliciouscookiesecho lakespent nightsfrench toastgas fireplaceb bshot chocolateclose to townboth morningsbrowniewe've stayed
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Farm By the River exceeded my boyfriend's and my expectations for a Bed and Breakfast! Rick and Charlene were very personable, and truly went above and beyond accommodating! They were happy to assist with anything from recommendations of where to eat, making us reservations, directions and places to see. Breakfasts were fantastic, rooms were lovely, clean and had spectacular views. Horse-back Riding on site was fun. Location of the farm was very convenient to all of the local attractions. My boyfriend and I already discussed, on the drive home, returning in the winter time for their sleigh rides and winter activities!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 19 April 2010

This past weekend, (April 17th), my fiance' brought me to the Farm by the River for a surprise overnight getaway for my birthday. Bren and I had a wonderful room with a fireplace and a Jaccuzzi! The bed was a king size and was more comfortable than our bed at home. Never slept so good. The mountain views at the farm are breathtaking! Rick, the owner reccommended a fantastic place for dinner (The 1785) and we were not disappointed. It's nice to have a host that can recommend all of the right places to go to make your stay as carefree as possible! We woke up the next morning at the Farm to freshly baked HOME MADE blueberry muffins, fresh squeezed juice and eggs made any way you want with toast and fresh fruit slices. What a great way to start a day! We then booked a trail ride on the Farm (which is 70 acres BTW) and rode the horses down by the saco river and all over. The views of the mountains on this ride were fabulous! Kudos to my fiance for picking The Farm and Kudos to Rick and his wife for making us feel right at home. I would highly recommend the Farm for everyone as we had a fun relaxing weekend! We cannot wait to come back again! Thanks Rick, and say hello to Abby, Charlie and Heidi for us!

Marc & Bren

Reviewed 12 April 2010

This was my first bed and breakfast experience and would recommend this to all of my friends. The tour guides for the horseback riding are very friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Rick and Charlene are very friendly and very hospitable; the homemade morning breakfast is fantastic. Overall this is the best weekend I have had in a long time. Can’t wait to go back and create more memories.

Reviewed 11 April 2010

The most cozy Inn we have ever stayed at in the most idyllic location you can imagine, with excellent home-made breakfast made by the owners whose professionalism and friendliness were overwhelming. It felt more like visiting old friends than staying at an Inn. They even helped us with finding the best restaurants, hiking routes and places to spot moose, and so much more. The horses were great, too, and so were the trail guides. The perfect place for a romantic getaway. We loved it and will definitely go back. Recommended without restrictions!

Reviewed 15 December 2009

Rick and Charlene were the perfect hosts. We chose the Farm by the River on the recommendation of the Chamber of Commerce for the Polar Express. From the moment we arrived we felt like we were visiting family. Staying in the historic farm house was like taking a step back in time. Our room had a very comfortable king bed for us and a pull out for our 6 year old. Instead of being entertained by the TV, we enjoyed watching the horses wander outside the living room window. We also took a beautiful sleigh ride through the fields and along the river. There was always a cozy fire burning in the fireplace and hot cocoa and tea to warm us up after a day of exploring at Diana's Baths or playing in the snow. We truly did not want to leave - our son cried most of the way home! The entire staff at the inn was friendly and accomodating. We couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family