“needs a better attitude to match the food”
Review of Nonni's Italian Eatery - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This location at the Sunapee circle near the ski mountain has had one bad restaurant after another of the last 10 years. When Nonni's moved in from New London , NH we decided to give it a try. The area really needs a good Italian restaurant. We have dined there three times over the past six weeks and were very pleased with the food and service on all three occasions but the last time we were there the vodka in the mixed drinks was lost in the bottom of the cocktail glass which at $10.00 per drink was a bit annoying. After dinner I mentioned it to the bartender who had been very personable on our first two visits. Apparently it was not his night because in a very defensive and almost belligerent voice and posture he let me know that every drink is poured by him at 1 1/2 ounces consistently, every night. I was totally taken back and found out that even if you are addressed as sir , the tone can make it an insult. We shall not return a forth time even though we live only two miles down the road.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

First of all Nonni's isn't in New London anymore. The service was fair, the food cold and fair. The were turning people away at the door. I felt it was an embarrassment to the locals! If you truly have all your cooks call in sick then close for the night! I truly don't understand what is wrong with this location!

1  Thank hilaryh638
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This place is just across from the access road to Mt. Sunapee Ski Area. They have some great Italian dishes that are sure to please. i had pasta carbonara that was delicious. The sauce was superb and the pasta was cooked just right. Prices are very reasonable, especially for the pasta dishes. They have a good selection of wines in carafes that are also very reasonable priced. The service was quite good and attentive. I will go back there again the next time I visit Sunapee.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

If you know Italian and you know New York, you'll love Nonni's. It's real. The chef comes out and checks on your meal. He's the real thing, from Brooklyn. He knows his sauce and makes it the way he always knew...and he tells you so. And so you order the family style pasta and meatballs and everything smells of garlic and you eat a lot and you talk a lot and you feel great, and maybe you order some wine and drink a couple of glasses, and then it's time for some gelato, or not. But in the meantime, you are in a basic, no frills place, where the food speaks for itself and you know, to the bone, that's Italian! I do not understand some who think this expensive...! This is real Italian food. It is not at all over priced. Our family style dish was very reasonable as was the wine and salad. Most of the other restaurants in town are the ones who are overpriced so perhaps it's a plot? This place is authentic and brings back wonderful memories of eating in the Bronx in the 70's. If you love Italian food, Nonni's will fit the bill.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Nonni's has been around for awhile but I'd never been. Not going to lie, I had a snobby atitude about the place, given it's location inside a building across from the drug store and next door to an eye frame store. A friend and I went just because I'd heard that the food was good. The placed a packed, so we sat at the bar. The interior space is, to be frank, not attractive at all, but the bar was fine. My first bite of my pasta ...OMG...soooo good. It was a tomato with vodka sauce.(Had a better name but I can't remember it). My friend had a salad ( she's a gluten free eater) and she practically licked the bowl. I had the tiramisu for dessert. YUM!!!
If you don't care about ambiance, try out Nonni's. I will be returning!