“That's Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2013

If you know Italian and you know New York, you'll love Nonni's. It's real. The chef comes out and checks on your meal. He's the real thing, from Brooklyn. He knows his sauce and makes it the way he always knew...and he tells you so. And so you order the family style pasta and meatballs and everything smells of garlic and you eat a lot and you talk a lot and you feel great, and maybe you order some wine and drink a couple of glasses, and then it's time for some gelato, or not. But in the meantime, you are in a basic, no frills place, where the food speaks for itself and you know, to the bone, that's Italian! I do not understand some who think this expensive...! This is real Italian food. It is not at all over priced. Our family style dish was very reasonable as was the wine and salad. Most of the other restaurants in town are the ones who are overpriced so perhaps it's a plot? This place is authentic and brings back wonderful memories of eating in the Bronx in the 70's. If you love Italian food, Nonni's will fit the bill.

Date of visit: September 2013

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Nonni's has been around for awhile but I'd never been. Not going to lie, I had a snobby atitude about the place, given it's location inside a building across from the drug store and next door to an eye frame store. A friend and I went just because I'd heard that the food was good. The placed a packed, so we sat at the bar. The interior space is, to be frank, not attractive at all, but the bar was fine. My first bite of my pasta ...OMG...soooo good. It was a tomato with vodka sauce.(Had a better name but I can't remember it). My friend had a salad ( she's a gluten free eater) and she practically licked the bowl. I had the tiramisu for dessert. YUM!!!
If you don't care about ambiance, try out Nonni's. I will be returning!

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Small place that has a limited menu but what they serve is always good, small bar on side allows for a cozy feel or sit in restaurant for a quit sit down meal. This place has Ben many different dinner places over the years but finally a good place.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Been hearing ads on the radio and our son choose this as the location for his birthday dinner. We were not disappointed! Very friendly and attentive staff, food from appetizer thru dessert was delicious. Only about 20 minutes from Lake Sunapee State Park beach and adventure park. Close to return home by hopping back in I89. Price-wise was comparable to Olive Garden but this real food, much of it made in house and fresh daily. We will definitely return for another meal in the future!

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed 16 May 2013

On Tuesday I went to dinner here with a very good friend. I had never eaten here before and I was looking forward to some flavorful Italian food. The place was nearly empty and for a Tuesday, it was kind of expected. We were seated immediately and our waitress was promptly at our table asking if we would like drinks. We finally looked at out menu's and I for one thought the price was a little high. Soon after my friend said the same thing. If you order a family plate, the price drops. You just need to both want the same thing.

They came out with bread and oil for the table and it was a nice treat while we waited for dinner. Dinner was quickly delivered to our table. A disappointment for me was no pepper on the table. The waitress came over with a large pepper mill. I felt like I was borrowing it since she went to put pepper on my meal and I asked to do it. (I LOVE PEPPER). The shrimp and the linguine were nicely prepared. The "Fra Diablo" was missing as far as I was concerned and the sauce needed it. My friend enjoyed is so you can decide.

I had hoped for that "real Italian" meal but it was just a very good meal. Maybe I was expecting too much...I'm going to take my wife there and find out if I was expecting too much.

Date of visit: May 2013