US$259
The Lake Inn at Mt. Sunapee(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$195
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$97
US$87
All reviewsski areastate beachaccess roadroom was cleantoilet paperarea attractionsegg sandwichrefrigerator and microwavecontinental breakfast isminute driveveteransnhsoapsmountproximity
Reviewed 5 September 2017

My family stayed at the Sunapee Lake Lodge for a wedding in the area. The staff was so accommodating to all of us. The pool was heated and just perfect. The continental breakfast was perfect. Coffee 24 hours was great. I would recommend this Hotel if you are ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank valpak1966
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Recently my husband and I took a spur of the moment trip to New Hampshire during the second weekend in August. We had made no plans in advance and knew that we might have a problem finding a place to stay since we were there in the height of tourist season. We found this hotel on our GPS that used to be a Best Western, but is now the Sunapee Lake Lodge. It was on State Route 103 near the lake and a tavern called the Salt Hill Pub Shanty. The motel does not have lake views but it is located in a pretty area and is quiet even though it is not far from the road. The rooms were not fancy but clean and comfortable. There was a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room as well as free wi-fi. The wi-fi signal was very slow however and not good to use for streaming video. There is a flat screen television that did not have much of a selection for channels which is why we were trying to stream video. The breakfast was a very basic continental breakfast but they had a waffle maker, so we were happy with that. The staff was very friendly and helpful and helped make our stay very pleasant. The cute, village area of Sunapee is on the other side of the lake but it is only a 10 minute drive away. We were happy to have found a decent hotel at the last minute on a weekend. Don't let all the cars in the parking lot fool you when you drive towards the lodge as many of them are there for the pub.

Room Tip: We think having a room on the second floor was more private and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene W
Reviewed 23 August 2017

My husband, son and I stayed 3 nights at this lodge. This is a no frills hotel with average amenities. The breakfast was okay, but the coffee horrible for two avid coffee drinkers. I feel that I've had better complimentary breakfasts in chain hotels, but then again, there are not many of those in this area of NH. There were a few things consistently overlooked in our room. For example, the conditioner and body wash dispenser in the shower was never full even after housekeeping had visited. There was a leak coming from under the toilet somewhere which made water congregate frequently on the floor of the bathroom. Finally, one of the two beds had a gaping sunk in area in the middle of the mattress which made you feel that you were sleeping on a slope. Admittedly, we did not complain as we just spent as little time as possible there due to the confined space and lack of stuff to do on site. There is an indoor pool which people seemed to enjoy, but it's in a small area. I was looking for somewhere to lounge and read outside my room, but there really wasn't any unless I sat on the ground outside. All in all, I felt it was a bit less than average, but the location is great since it was right near the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest away from the lobby are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The Lodge is what one would expect, rooms were clean, had to move rooms due to smell of stale cigarette smoke.Staff were friendly, breakfast is what you would expect, pastries a few days old , cereal and microwavable fare.. Fine for a quick stopover.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017

First off the location cannot be beat. Rt. 103 is the access for anything in the Lake area. For skiing, Sunapee is only a 1 minute drive. 5 minutes to the beach, ski shop and an Irish pub both right outside the front door of the hotel, and a convenience shop across the street.

The hotel itself is a bit worn out and very...average...but comfortable. The staff was pleasant, they offer a breakfast from 6-10am, there is a pool, adequate parking, and the room I stayed in was ok. The overall impression is that the place is just a little outdated and tired. Ask for a room that is NOT on the Rt.103 side of the building. The traffic can be quite loud at all hours with logging trucks coming and going and commuter traffic that starts at 3am due to the local Ruger Arms factory that runs on 3 shifts...

I would recommend staying here for your skiing adventure or summer Sunappe area explorations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face Rt. 103. VERY loud traffic at all hours.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business