“Always a great turkey dinner!”
Review of Hart's Turkey Farm

Hart's Turkey Farm
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Meredith
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The food here is always great... no matter what you get! The turkey dinner with all the" fixins" is, of course, their specialty! Just wonderful!!! Desserts are great, as well. Service is also great! Great place, have been enjoying their food for many years, when visiting the lakes region.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I have to start by saying that we've been fans of this restaurant for 30+ years and have never had a bad meal there - until today. Since undergoing radiation treatment for cancer 5 years ago, I have been unable to eat any kind of fowl because of taste and texture so couldn't order any of the turkey dishes for which Hart's is famous. Instead, I ordered the French Dip sandwich because I don't often see that item on a menu. The sandwich came piled high with beef - so high that it was impossible to pick it up to dip and eat, as the name implies. The roll, quite lovely, was untoasted and soggy, unlike a traditional French Dip. The meat was gray and over-cooked, and although it was thinly sliced it was streaked throughout with with strings of tough grizzle... more like a stringy pot-roast than roast beef. The "au jus" was also a pale, watery, grayish brown and tasteless. The onion rings were delicious, my friend's turkey sandwich was great, and our waiter was friendly and attentive and we left him a really good tip. I did not tell him about my dissatisfaction with my sandwich because it was quite obvious from the entire presentation that the cook is not at all familiar with a classic French Dip and should probably stick to the turkey variations which they do so well. I'll return because this has been a favorite restaurant of ours for years, but I won't be ordering beef.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Took Mom on a drive to leaf peep today (a little early) and stop at Hart's for a late lunch. Good turkey, stuffing, gravy. Mashed potatoes were ok. Older, historied no-fuss restaurant. Good homestyle cooking. Can't beat the atmosphere, especially on a Sunday afternoon in the fall.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I have been to Hart's several times and it never disappoints. The food is in incredible and the price is fairly reasonable also. Just like an old fashion Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure the other food is good but can't get past the turkey dinner. I love the butternut squash!!!!

Always look forward to going there even though I live in Illinois.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Went there for a late lunch with my wife and son on 9/9 2017. Plenty of parking and the restaurant was clean. Scanned the menu and My wife and I selected the turkey pot pie and my son ordered the open faced turkey sandwich. I substituted stuffing instead of vegetables. The meals came within 15 minutes and at first blush the presentation was poor. Here sat on top of the Turkey pot pie a double sized ,doughy .puff pastry of some sort that simply dwarfed the whole pie ! I had to move it off the pie and off to the side of the plate in order to get at the pie contents! The stuffing was bland as was the pie contents themselves! I salted and peppered 2 to 3 times to no avail. The stuffing appeared to be bread and nothing else with no seasoning to make it palatable ! The gravy in the pie upset my stomach for the rest of the day! My potatoes were lumpy and warm at best and had very little gravy on them . I informed the waiter of my disappointment with the stuffing and he said he would pass it on . My wife had similar issues with her dinner. For a "Turkey farm restaurant" this place failed!!! I have been there on at least 2 other occasions in years past and remember leaving with the feeling that my expectations were not met. I will never go back ,that's it , I'm done!!