All reviewsmill fallschurch landingnew englandchase housebed was comfortablefree coffeepool and hot tublast weekendbay pointsitting areafamily weddingwhite mountainsoff seasonpropertieswaterfallspalake
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Very comfortable, well equipped resort, good size room, pool and hot tub in the building - had many different restaurants on the premises, beautiful landscaping. Fun marketplace to shop in. Reasonably priced. Right across from the lake.

Room Tip: the 2nd through 4th floors would allow to open the window all night. The ground floor had a door out onto a patio.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suea21
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I often take my boat here to eat and shop while on Summer Vacation, and I always told myself this seemed like it would be a nice place to stay in the winter. So last February I stayed here with my Wife, my 8 year old son, and my mother in law. The inn is an old school New England Inn. It's nice when you come in from the cold to the nice toasty fireplace in the lobby. The Inn is located right in downtown Meredith, right across from the town docks (public boat parking). Great access to the lake, skiing, hiking, and all the other activities the lake and White Mountain area offers.
Staff is very friendly. Atmosphere is quiet and inviting. The indoor pool is small, but was quiet every time we went there. The restaurants in the Inn are great (Guiseppes and the Waterfall Cafe) and the attached shops in the big old mill building are unique and fun to shop at.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Doug M
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed our stay, it was nice and relaxing. All of the buildings that comprise Mill Falls are within walking distance of each other, although in April I have to admit that we didn’t walk the grounds as much as we would have liked to. I imagine that in the summer or early fall, there is probably a bit more to see and do outdoors. We specifically stayed at the Inn at Mill Falls. The lobby was cozy and inviting and the front desk staff was very nice and accommodated my request for a late check-out without hesitation. We didn’t have our dog with us, but as a puppy parent, I thought it was adorable that they have a picture frame welcoming the dogs checking in by their names! There were complimentary hot beverages and some candy in the lobby as well. I will say that because it’s an older building, you have to watch your footing though… the floors are not very even.
Our room was at the end of the hall on the main floor by the lobby. We didn’t notice any excessive noise coming from the lobby or the hallways, honestly I would have thought we were the only people there. Part of the package we got (Inndulgence) included a bottle of champagne and welcome basket of local treats waiting for us when we got to the room, which was great. The room itself was a decent size and was clean overall. We had a queen size bed and a fireplace. The fireplace was such a nice touch, but actually sometimes our room got a little bit too warm if we left it on for awhile. There were sitting chairs by the fire and the cable tv lineup was good as far as a hotel goes. The bed was comfy and I liked the pillows (I like soft!). The closet and drawer space is a bit small, but fine for a weekend away. The bathroom was plain but clean. I do wish there was a little more storage space in the sink area for toiletries, but it wasn’t a tiny space. The shower pressure was not that great. We left for breakfast and massages at about 10AM one morning and returned to the room around 2PM and housekeeping hadn’t been to our room yet, which was somewhat disappointing since we didn’t really have plans to go anywhere else. They did leave us fresh linens outside our door since they didn’t have a chance to get in there though, which I appreciated.
The pool and jacuzzi were small, but the area was clean and quiet. The teak walls are a nice touch. We didn’t utilize either one so I can’t comment much else. We did go to the spa, which I wrote a separate review for (3 stars).
Overall we had a very nice stay and enjoyed walking through the marketplace and visiting the other buildings. The food we had (Lakehouse for dinner and Sunday brunch, Guiseppes for lunch, Mame’s for dinner, and Waterfall Café for breakfast) was all pretty good, though I admit I had higher expectations than what I got. I really enjoyed Sunday brunch at Lakehouse though, I would classify it as a must-do!
Check-out went smoothly and it was convenient to be able to charge to our room at all the Mill Falls buildings. We would go back, although maybe not in April next time so that we can enjoy the lake more!

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of a hallway and it was so quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wildcatkb03
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We came here for a wedding last year and it was gorgeous! Our room was on the lake and we couldn't have asked for a better view! The hotel is nicely decorated with a rustic type feel to it and the decor spreads to the room too. We had a great fireplace in the room which fit so well with the lake view. Nothing to complain about! This hotel is in a quaint town and you'll be able to fully relax here. Not sure about kid's activities or the spa, but the bride used the spa and she looked gorgeous for the wedding.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Yasiri13
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is an adorable hotel in a quaint small town location right on the lake and minutes from Gunstock Mountain. There are restaurants and shops attached to the hotel so you don't have to go outside if it is raining or too cold. The rooms were surprisingly large and accommodating, the beds and bath were clean and comfortable. The view was amazing because we ended up with a room on the top floor overlooking the lake. My only concern was the noise from room to room; we were woken up around 6:45am from the conversation being held in the room next to ours. All in all, we would not hesitate to go back. The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There is also coffee/tea/hot chocolate available 24/7 in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple