“Latin Cusine in an unexpected setting”
Review of Piedra Fina

Piedra Fina
Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican, Venezuelan
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Tapas Bar in the Monadnock region set in a beautiful mid-century modern setting. Full bar and romantic ambiance.
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Who would expect this little gem in a Southern New Hampshire quaint little town. We also have been driving past this restaurant for several years. Mostly due to our timing, we have not stopped until now. We have been missing out! Clean, friendly atmosphere. It is a Tapas' restaurant and as so, we could sample a variety of food. Everything was served in a flash. We expected Peruvian fare but it was more a sampling of many South and Central American dishes

Date of visit: July 2018
Malaise L, Owner at Piedra Fina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you so much for the very kind review and for finally giving us a chance.

If there is anything else would could have done to earn that fifth star please let us know. We are always changing and growing.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Delicious food and great place to go with a group. Lots of small plates for everyone to share. Not the same old, same old. Well worth the drive if you don't live nearby. Our waitress, Rachel, was a sweetheart and kept an eye on us (group of 12) without being intrusive. Would be a nice place for couples as well.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We have been driving by this resturant for the past 4 years and have not gotten a chance to stop by until today. We were impressed, speechless how modern and beautiful it is. I was especially surprised by the bathroom that they used hand towels and not paper towel at all. Very clean place. My husband is from Europe and liked the style of the resturant. totally worth it... I might come again for our anniversary!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Trust me when I tell you I had had a very bad day when I arrived at Piedra Fina to celebrate a dear friend's birthday. I was ready to be cranky about what seemed like slow service, but as the edge of agitation wore off I realized that the problem was mine and I relaxed, and you will too. Relax. Imagine you are in a place much less hurried. Engage with your meal companions, and order the calamari. I have never had calamari not coated in some sort of batter, but my friend and I were taken aback by the incredible sauce and the tenderness of the dish. The coconut shrimp was perfectly seasoned and my companion's scallops melted in her mouth. The three dishes together created a symphony of flavor that almost drowned out the dull roar of the day. Looking forward to going back. Find a friend. Start a conversation. Relax and be surprised that such delightful food is available in tiny Marlborough, New Hampshire.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank bobU8601WK
Reviewed 3 February 2018

This place, though a bit out of the way, is well worth a trip. The new chef is doing wonderful things with his native Puerto Rican fare, everything is fresh and delicious and just a little different. We had a few dishes between us, all excellent. Especially worth trying: Paleta de Cerdo Asada. This is slow roasted pork in "pan sauce." Another favorite is Pato a la Veracruzana. This is melt in your mouth duck breast and pork belly in a white wine sauce with lime. So far, two visits, five stars for sure.

Date of visit: January 2018