“Small Place with Great Taste”
Review of El Jimador

El Jimador
Ranked #50 of 434 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 March 2015

My wife and I recently moved to Manchester and have started trying out the Mexican restaurants. This was our first stop and we were very pleased.

It is actually in a small shopping center along South Willow St. in Manchester and it does not have a very large interior. However, it does have a nice warm feel without ever feeling crowded. The tables are painted with scenes that let you know quickly you are in a Mexican restaurant.

I had their grilled chicken and Mexican sausage with rice and beans and it was all spectacular. My wife had their veggie enchiladas, which she said were a little heavy on the spinach but other than that was happy with the rest of her meal. The tastes were definitely some of the best we've found in NH, where quality Mexican is a tough find. We will certainly be back for future meals.

1  Thank chiefwahoo1989

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I drove past this place a hundred times, always hesitant to try the food due to the convenience-store feel of the storefront. A friend finally surprised me with dinner there and I haven't looked back. The food is hot, fast, and amazing! I've tried a few dishes and been very pleased with each one. Quality food, great seasoning, fresh ingredients, and friendly staff made El Jimador a new favorite for me. Great prices, too! Don't be put off by the lack of linen and silver - this is one of the best restaurants in Manchester.

1  Thank Shannon03043
Reviewed 26 February 2015

Finally got here on a very very cold winter day. Had expected a cafeteria feel and was pleasantly surprised by the muted yet colorful decor. It has about 12 tables decorated with interesting Mexican art. 1/2 of the tables are high back booths, hard to find these days. And a small bar in the back So initially a welcome feel.

I was seated immediately and was surprised that for a Monday it was 1/2 full. Salsa and chips arrived quickly. The chips were tasty, but the salsa very blah with little substance. Think they can work on that. The menu is extensive and the lunch specials are a full page of options. I chose the lunch vegetarian fajita at $8.50 It arrived sizzling and larger than I expected with rice, guacamole etc. It was more than enough for lunch. I had a draught beer. Think they had only 2 choices. I noticed, however, that there were about 8 bottled Mexican choices, as well as American.

In short, it was a pleasant experience. And quality to pricing seemed like a deal to me. I plan to return for a dinner experience and to try the house margarita.

Easy to drive by nestled in a tiny mall. Head south on south willow and go in the mall immediately after U-Haul.

Reviewed 25 February 2015 via mobile

I really enjoyed our dinner there. They had happy hour with 4.99 margaritas and we ordered a con queso dip as an appetizer that was tasty. Dinner was delicious and we would go back.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

Perhaps my enjpyment of this restaurant is heavily influenced by their Cadillac Margarita which always very quickly puts me in great spirits. Very good food, friendly staff, small clean place. The food is very fresh and much more authentic Mexican than other similar restaurants in the area. A little hard to find in a sea of strip malls but once you are there it is awesome, relaxed and yummy. Tip: If you are a margarita fan make sure you don't opt to be the designated driver during your visit, you will regret it.

Been to El Jimador? Share your experiences!