“New Years Eve crap”

Bonsai's Restaurant
Ranked #242 of 410 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Chinese
Reviewed 31 December 2014 via mobile

That was the worst Chinese food....Ever....we ordered general gao.s chicken and it was disgusting. ...filthy dirty place and the waitress could've cared less....never going back!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I don't know which was worse, my curry chicken or the manager hacking up a lung. Wish I read the reviews first. So gross. Will NEVER be back.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

First off...the place is ugly. Inside and out. That's not why I go there. The food is great (both Chinese and American cuisine) the drinks are great and the bartenders are good girls. It's clean. I've never had a bad meal.

1  Thank Gets_around_1
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Ok the atmosphere in Bonsai has always been a little dark, dingy and while disgusting goes too far we will just say it has always had that dark watering hole kind of vibe. There were things on the menu that used to be really great, like they had the best beef teriyaki ever--one of those things you craved suddenly when hungry and would go to great lengths to get. While the American choices were always touch and go my attempt at ordering Alfredo probably goes down in the record of all time worst meals at a restaurant.

In the past 6 months the quality has declined tremendously. We had one bad experience and gave it two more chances to recover from what we hoped was a transition period. Our last experience was indeed our last experience. We feel badly because this used to be on our favorite list and nothing in the area even compares to what it used to be.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have been to Bonsai several times. To date, I have yet to try the Chinese cuisine.
My husband and I choose Bonsai for every special occasion and always order from the American section of the menu. He always has prime rib and I always enjoy the baked stuffed shrimp.
So, as for the many options, I can't comment.....however, we always enjoy our experience and leave satisfied. We often get the same waitress and she is wonderful, personable and very competent.
The cocktails are always delicious. More often than not, specialty drinks at a Chinese food place are either too strong and hard to choke down or just not tasting as they should.
I am a fan of Bonsai and would definitely recommend it to others. I read a few horrible reviews and was in disbelief that we were talking about the same place.
Ambiance and atmosphere? I'll stay home and light a candle if that's what matters to me. Good food, good company and friendly competent waitstaff is what hits a home run for me.
R. LaBrie Manchester